StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I haven't read / viewed the articles yet but I feel I can predict the narrative. Maybe I'm wrong lets see.

Reactions: charlottewilts, TimeToBiteTheDust and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I took a look at those and the first one just seems to be the story of someone who lost their dad and is grieving. I don't necessarily see a pro-life bias, but instead it's someone who wishes their dad was still around and that they could have done something to help him want to live, but I'm not so sure they would have been able to. He lost the one person that was the most important to him and suffered from a particularly intense variety of depression as a result.

I liked the video in the second one (it seems to only be a video) but it was nice to see that those people that were in it found a reason to live. Maybe the individual that posted it was using it for the purpose of convincing people to keep on living, but I didn't see anything particularly incriminating.

Pretty good stuff anyway. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: BetterInthanOut
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I honestly believe that politics and the media are now the self same thing, whereas in the past they were 2 separate entities.

Perhaps they are predicting a huge spike in suicides due to covid related job losses, etc, so the politicans are using the media to talk about it so they don't have to.

Or something like that.

It's clearly coming, a huge surge in suicides like we've never seen before.

Reactions: reggiesaurus, BitterlyAlive, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Probably because its suicide prevention week. Suddenly people care for one week out of the year and have to be seen to be doing their bit.

Reactions: reggiesaurus, TimeToBiteTheDust, Brink and 5 others
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Probably because its suicide prevention week. Suddenly people care for one week out of the year and have to be seen to be doing their bit.
Good point - probably makes more sense than my theory.

Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Still not caring*** Their idea of suicide prevention is to be institutionalized or to have the thoughts magically go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: reggiesaurus and BeBraveBrother
B

BetterInthanOut

Student
Mar 6, 2020
Thanks for sharing! Interesting to watch, obviously someone grieving is awful to see but not sure what they hoped to achieve

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
I would guess 2020 will have the most suicides ever in total. So many people whoes life turned around this year or who feel even more isolated or lonley than before. Not true for me because due to my uncurable physicall illness I've been "out of normal life" for at least the last decade. The outbreak of the so called Pandemic didn't change much for me but it was interesting to watch how people that considered themselves as strong begun melting by just having a small dose of what I was confronted with for most of my life. This year showed me how brave and strong I've been in comparison to most. My resillience was enourmous. But there's no need to live only for the purpose of surviving. You either live to live or you don't have to. I hope I will be brave and informed enough about the "how to" in order to liberate myself soon from this uncurable body, this uncurable life :-)

• Hugs
Reactions: Bauhaus and Lost in a Dream
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
They only care for today. Tomorrow will be same as the rest of the days. Hypocrisy. Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream