O

OblivionSeeker

Aug 8, 2020
I'm curious what procedures hotels take, when a ctb happens in their rooms.

If there's a big mess, will the hotel's insurance pay for the clean-up? or would they put the clean-up fee on the deceased person's credit card?

if carpet or bedding has to be replaced, or other things in the room, will hotel insurance pay for that? or would it be charged on the deceased guest's credit card?

I plan on leaving a note to the hotel, to apologize for what they'll have to go thru, to get my room ready to rent again. and for the emotional distress their staff probably experience.

Does anyone else have any hotel ideas or questions?

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Echo81, Tackingintothewind and 3 others
B

Bensharp

Mar 18, 2021
Send a schedule email to the police, put a do not disturb sign or if you can afford it do Airbnb where the owner does not live there and send a schedule email to police or the owner. The thing with a scheduled email you can cancel if you bail out or wake up. On the issue of cost, I am sure something works in an hotel and can give you more information

Reactions: Pen>Sword
B

BobbyED

Oct 11, 2020
I don't know what method you're planning to use, but to be honest, I just wouldn't do it in a hotel room at all ... Especially if there's going to be a "big mess", those cleaning people shouldn't have to deal with it (at least that's my opinion about it)

calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
i think that it depends on how each hotel deals with this situation....however, there is no doubt that the clean would be much harder in cases that there is blood

B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
I've read that hotels typically charge the deceased person's credit card for any cleanup costs and that would have to be settled with the estate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen>Sword, it's_all_a_game and OblivionSeeker
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020

If there's a big mess, will the hotel's insurance pay for the clean-up? or would they put the clean-up fee on the deceased person's credit card?

if carpet or bedding has to be replaced, or other things in the room, will hotel insurance pay for that? or would it be charged on the deceased guest's credit card?

I plan on leaving a note to the hotel, to apologize for what they'll have to go thru, to get my room ready to rent again. and for the emotional distress their staff probably experience.

It really depends on the size of the hotel. If you are to choose a large chain, I am pretty confident they would have policies and procedures in place for a CTB situation. Furthermore, their insurance policies would have special riders for cleanup upon the death of a guest. If you are worried that cleanup costs may be charged to your credit card, you can always cancel your card or reduce the credit limit on your card.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword, Bedrock48 and gtrfvr
V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021

I think at the time someone checks in who wants to ctb, the recognize the intention in the way the person behaves and speaks, etc. I think the hotel employees are trained. Maybe in the rooms there is a Microphone with an connection hidden in the ventilation, for example.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I think at the time someone checks in who wants to ctb, the recognize the intention in the way the person behaves and speaks, etc. I think the hotel employees are trained. Maybe in the rooms there is a Microphone with an connection hidden in the ventilation, for example.
Do you have proof of this happening? I want to ctb in a hotel room so this worries me. I saw a Youtube video of a westerner visiting a North Korean hotel, and the radios inside his room were definitely bugged. I have never heard of that happening elsewhere though.

London2021

London2021

Jan 30, 2021
Been wondering same but dont anticipate mess. On charging pretty sure your credit card dies when you do so dont think any clean up can be charged. Think scheduled email to police solid idea as means hotel staff dont have to enter room if leave do mot disturb sign on and book for 2 days. No bloody idea how to do that mind.....

V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
Do you have proof of this happening? I want to ctb in a hotel room so this worries me. I saw a Youtube video of a westerner visiting a North Korean hotel, and the radios inside his room were definitely bugged. I have never heard of that happening elsewhere though.
I have no proof, but in my opinion

it is quite possible that it is so I don't think the hotel staff would put up with that

If nobody speaks about it, because the havent got the information or see things in an other way, you will never hear about certain things.

We habe access to information through media and if they dont talk about things we wont hear them and other people
cant tell us about things they didnt heard.
I am pretty sure, the hotel staff tests you for being suicidal, when you check in

They ask "normal" questions, show how you response or test you in another way.

Reason:

I think A LOT OF PEOPLE which want to kill themselves think of doing it in a hotelroom and i cant imagine, the employees dont think of things like that.

And thir supervisors told them how to act in such a Situation
If you want to ctb in a hotelroom, it is necessary to know how you can behave in a normal way, how to act like you are ok.

I think acting skills are required.

Last edited:
catscradle

catscradle

Now I will destroy the whole world
Jul 10, 2020
I asked my friend who was a check in person for a hotel and she said they're trained to look for odd things like nervousness, etc. but I don't think the rooms would be bugged that's a huge invasion of privacy

Reactions: at-sea and Pen>Sword
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I attempted to CTB in December in a hotel room.
I paid for the room in advance, using a credit card. I had used the hotel before but was not a regular.

God honest truth (as this sounds very selfish) I didn't do anything about the hotel staff apart from the fact that I wore Yoda Xmas socks which I hoped they'd find funny (or at least it would give them a funny twist on a dark tale).

I intended to write a note and leave a DnD on the door, but once I was 'in the zone' I didn't give it any thought at all.

My behavior was probably pretty 'off', I came and went from the room, ordered room service but ate nothing, drank a load of booze and did some drugs, I wept a lifetimes worth of tears.

I attempted partial and f***ed myself up.

None of this prompted anything from anyone at the hotel.

Honestly from a 'getting rumbled' by hotel staff point of view I don't think this will be an issue.

Agreed consideration for hotel staff and police who find you is a thing and we should show some respect for them, I didn't but the darkness was such I couldn't see past my own needs.

I would think that in these circumstances hotel staff would have access to counselling services, and as someone else mentioned they would have procedures for death of guests (they would have deaths that may be attributed to other causes that would not be self inflicted that they would need to deal with).

Staff will have more training to recognise terrorists than they will people with suicidal intent.

Love and respect brother

DBD

• Hugs
Reactions: checkedout, sadghost, OblivionSeeker and 2 others
L

lostmyself

Jan 28, 2021
There is no way rooms would be bugged. That would be against the law. Many hotel staffs have dealt with people who ctb, there are even plenty of articles written about it. I'm sure they have policies in their insurance for clean up, etc. In fact one article writes about how you could tell if someone ctb in your hotel room.

Reactions: Greenberg, Pen>Sword, Vault of Memories and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I've read that hotels typically charge the deceased person's credit card for any cleanup costs and that would have to be settled with the estate.
Easy solution: cancel card between the time hotel is booked / checked in and time of CTB. The hotel will attempt to charge but their attempt to automatically charge will be blocked

they could attempt to sue the estate but the cleanup costs are minimal compared to the lawyers fees and the bad press that could result.

happy hunting !

Reactions: Greenberg
Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
When the 20 year old desk clerks barely glance at your ID I can 100% guarantee you they had no idea why I was there last week. They just want to get back on their phones they don't give a shit unless someone is visibly looking like some sort of problems. Actually I felt bad for their total ignorance of my prescence there.. my countenance was one of an ordinary hotel guest. Acting IN the ordinary is rule number one for someone truly trying to ctb.
And yes, very unfortunately, I am still here. Turns out fear of Hell is a pretty damn effective SI but I will not give up my endeavor.

Reactions: verloren
O

OblivionSeeker

Aug 8, 2020
after quite a while of planning, and thinking about using a hotel as a ctb location....I'm becoming ambivalent about it.

There are things that could happen at the hotel, to thwart a ctb attempt, during the time required for completion. What if the ctb takes a couple days to be final...and for whatever reason the hotel needs to contact you, and there's no answer on the phone.

For example, a few years ago, some nutcase telephoned a b threat to a local waterfront hotel. The hotel was immediately evacuated, including all guests of course. No b was found..it was a sick prank. But nevertheless it's an example of something that could happen. (Of course a scenario like that is remote.)

But with something as serious as the topic at hand, possibilities have to be weighed in to the final decision. PersonaIly I can't take any risk of failure. My attempt has to be 100% or I won't attempt it.