T

theviewfromhalfway

Jun 3, 2022
I was just wondering how those who attempted dealt with the aftermath. For me I now have ptsd and chronic pain from mine and the only potato e really is it scared me to not doing it for a while. I have struggled to forgive myself due to others constantly reminding me how terrible I am for what I did. I hope others are doing okay after their attempts. Does anyone have any advice about how to deal with the ptsd after one (mine was from jumping), I know there's quite a lot of stigma around it!

• Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Shame and guilt can be useful if it motives corrective actions. However, once everything useful has been extracted, holding on to them can be harmful. "Forgiveness" is more of a relational dynamic and does not fit well in a self-reflective application.

A survivor of a car wreck might say, "Next time I am going to wear a seat belt". This simplistic illustration contains elements that can have application. Many of us entered life with inadequate skills to survive the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune". Those skills can include managing depression, avoiding toxic people, and even how to take control and direct one's life.

Traumatic encounters can result in the motivation to develop previously neglected skills.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost