Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
Now that I have everything ready I am marveling at the mental freedom I have - freedom from my past and freedom from fear of enduring more meaningless suffering.

This has restored my ability to experience joy (but of course not purpose, meaning, or fulfillment).

I can now enjoy whatever the moment has to offer because I know I can deliver myself from it if it becomes unbearable.

My only concern now is if something happens that prevents me from executing my method.

Let's say for instance that my appendix bursts. Or I am arrested and thrown in jail. Or anything happens that deprives me of my needed materials and time alone.

That's my only fear right now.

I'm not afraid of dying. And of course I'm certainly not afraid of things suddenly taking a turn for the better!

What I am afraid of is neediing to die and not being able to, and so forced to endure more foolish misery.

This is why a built-in kill switch would be so great. Like a 20 digit string of numbers you would recite. Or the cyanide in tooth spy thing. Or saying your own name 100 times in a row. Anything easily available, not preventable by others, and virtually impossible to do unintentionally.

Possessing the ability to kill myself whenever I wish is something I never thought could be so exhilarating and freeing.

Having it be always at hand and unpreventable by others would be way better, though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: scorpiooo2, puppy9, OnlyMercy and 9 others
Peaceful_Sam

Peaceful_Sam

Aug 30, 2019
That's the greatest post I've ever read on this forum.
The moment I found the method I am going to ctb with I started enjoying life. Because now that I know I can end my life anytime, nothing scares or bothers me.

• Love
Reactions: scorpiooo2, Sunset Limited, Baskol1 and 3 others
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
That's the greatest post I've ever read on this forum.
The moment I found the method I am going to ctb with I started enjoying life. Because now that I know I can end my life anytime, nothing scares or bothers me.

I'm glad you enjoyed my post!

You know, now I'm thinking that perhaps suicide is so heavily discouraged not because human life is so highly valued, but rather because if dying was treated as an acceptable and accessible way out, people would cease to fear suffering and would start to act in very assertive, self-directed, and powerfully individualized ways, and society would turn into something entirely different.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: catharticEscapism, Baskol1, woxihuanni and 6 others
Peaceful_Sam

Peaceful_Sam

Aug 30, 2019
I'm glad you enjoyed my post!

You know, now I'm thinking that perhaps suicide is so heavily discouraged not because human life is so highly valued, but rather because if dying was treated as an acceptable and accessible way out, people would cease to fear suffering and would start to act in very assertive, self-ditected, and powerful ways, and society would turn into something entirely different.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING THIS!!!!
That's the one and only reason and if anybody tells the opposite, they are just lying to themselves. (It's not an opinion. It's a FACT).

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni, Baskol1, Sunset Limited and 4 others
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING THIS!!!!
That's the one and only reason and if anybody tells the opposite, they are just lying to themselves. (It's not an opinion. It's a FACT).

Holy shit! You are totally right!

WOW!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Baskol1 and Peaceful_Sam
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've considered ordering some cyanide off of the DW, making a capsule to put it in and just live with it in my mouth all of the time.

Reactions: Tom9999, woxihuanni and Baskol1
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
On one hand I think it's right that it takes a certain effort to kill yourself, with the exit door being one-way - so I guess it's right that it can't always be a decision of impulse? (as the past life regressionists say the immediate thoughts of souls of those who commit suicide are allegedly full of remorse once departing their bodies - /allegedly/. The non-believers will obviously argue that you won't regret anything anyway, because you're dead).

But the fact that failed attempts can lead to people being "saved" and bound to living conditions worse than before really pisses me off, I would agree with an internal suicide mechanism just so that couldn't be a possibility

Reactions: Tom9999 and Baskol1
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
I've considered ordering some cyanide off of the DW, making a capsule to put it in and just live with it in my mouth all of the time.
Make sure it's not a dissolving capsule

• Love
Reactions: Tom9999, 262653 and Baskol1
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Make sure it's not a dissolving capsule

Glass would be preferable but those are nigh impossible to DIY manufacture. If only they sold them in retail...

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
It could be a hand gun for me. A trigger as an exit button.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
very interesting. I completely agree.