R

Remember-Me-Not

I think I'm going to be okay.
Dec 10, 2019
Today was a real emotional rollercoaster for me. I had a crap ton of final exams due today at 5 pm. I barely make it in on time, but the work I turned in was such shit quality that I was just so disappointed with myself, and I needed a B on the final to pass the class.

I fell into this weird catatonic space, and that was the first time that I wanted to die with no hesitation. Previous times I had strong suicide ideation, I knew that I really didn't want to die, but just escape whatever stressful thing that was happening.

Today was the first time I felt like I wanted die because I wanted to die. I felt like there was no hope anymore and I just wanted to die. My head felt numb, and all I could think about was wanting to die. Like, if there was a gun in my hand, I would have pulled the trigger with no hesitation. I started googling the national suicide hotline number because I was like, "wtf is going on???" I didn't call because I was worried that they could track my number, then I notice that the professor extended the submission window to midnight and suddenly I'm okay again.

That weird numbness in my brain was gone instantly and instead I was feeling a bit lightheaded.

That was honestly so bizarre. I just turned in my last exam due today, ten minutes ago. Now I'm eating a whole quarter of icecream in the living room by myself at 1 am. Anyways good night everyone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NoDream, Regen, AtMostOkay and 6 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
It's stress.

Reactions: Tomoko and Remember-Me-Not
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are suffering, that sounds really unpleasant what you have experienced. I wish you well.

Reactions: Tomoko
TommyWiseau

TommyWiseau

Jan 26, 2019
Years ago I had the same kind of experience when I was still in university. At least my interest in suicide started there with some sort of small depression bumps. Other than that I would agree that you were under a stress situation and saw no way out for a short period of time. This can happen. Stay strong!

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
seems like you experienced a roll coaster of emotions. sounds exhausting to say the least.

sometimes I do well when I think I shit the bed on an assessment. so I hope it's the same for you and you did well on your exam.