S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
It always feels so alien just before you have full normal awareness back.
I'm not sure if I like it or not. In a way I always want it to last because it means I don't have to exist in this life but some alternate bizzaro one. But sometimes I feel relieved it's not real, and usually I forget it.
Anyone else get this? Hope I explained it okay it's such a weird event I doubt I could be more coherent about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo and ImsooDone1N
hopelessdreams

hopelessdreams

life and its opposite
Mar 1, 2022
i know exactly what you mean!! and i love that moment. it's me existing without having any knowledge about my life and issues. even tho it fucks up my sleep (i wake up like ten times in the night) i like the feeling.

Reactions: Sakura94 and onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
I can relate and I also wake up several times in the night, it's annoying.

Reactions: hopelessdreams and Sakura94
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Yeah it's crazy. Almost like a psychosis. I sometimes do things like go pee or say something and then don't remember I did them.

Lately I've been philosophizing to myself about what it would be like to live life in my sleep. Like my dreams are real and the actual world is a (bad) dream. I often wish I could reverse things like that.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I had a recent dream in which life was similarly bad to my own and I woke up in the dream thinking that I just woke up from a dream. So I woke up from a dream within a dream. It was a nightmare actually. When I did finally wake up, I felt, so surreal. I said, God, can't I even just have a good dream anymore without that crazy shit happening in my head lol

Reactions: Sleepdrifter and Sakura94
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
When I did finally wake up, I felt, so surreal. I said, God, can't I even just have a good dream anymore without that crazy shit happening in my head lol
I have those before. Sometimes there are a few iterations of waking up from dreams within dreams. It's not what I described in OP though. I think it's due to having too much consciousness that you're trying your hardest to make sense out of sensory deprivation until eventually you're just awake for real due to brain activity.
i know exactly what you mean!! and i love that moment. it's me existing without having any knowledge about my life and issues. even tho it fucks up my sleep (i wake up like ten times in the night) i like the feeling.
Sometimes there is some sort of knowledge, or an illusion of knowledge but it's like it's corrupted. It's never anything sensible though. Sometimes it's completely blank and everything around my room is alien. I wonder if that is what Alzheimer's is like.

• Love
Reactions: Lost Magic