666razorblade

666razorblade

bleeding euphoria
Jul 7, 2023
I think this is my last post. Not because I've decided to CTB, but because I've decided I'm choosing life once and for all. Things have changed for me in the past few months, quite a lot, really. I'm surprised how different I feel now compared to this time last year.

There was a time not so long ago where I couldn't think about anything except dying, and how much I wanted it. I felt hopeless, like nothing was worth living for, I'm sure I don't need to explain because you probably all know the feeling very well. I did not see any way I would live into 2024, but I'm here, and I have a plan, and things are going to be okay, I think.

I'll probably always be a bit depressed. I mean, nobody just gets better overnight after being mentally ill pretty much their whole life. But that's fine. I'm somehow, okay with that.

I got a puppy earlier this year and she's my entire world. She has given me a little life that I need to be there for. I spend a lot of time training her, I feel like I have purpose again. I taught her how to do some really impressive tricks, and people laugh and smile at them, and she makes me very proud. I have a reason to go outside now, walking her and all. Some days I feel like I'd rather rot in bed than go outside, but then I try to remember all the things she's done for me, and I think that the very least I could do is walk with her for an hour. It's good. I feel the wind and the sun and the rain on my skin and I feel alive again. I laugh again and I smile again. I don't cut or drink anymore. I work harder than I ever have in my life, and man, I fucking hate working, but at least these days I feel like I have a reason to do it. A few weeks back, I bought my puppy a lovely plush, fluffy bed with big soft walls she can lean against. She loves it. That makes everything worth it.

I wanted to come on here and say goodbye. When I was at rock bottom I felt like SS was the only place I could speak my truth without fear of getting locked up or even just looked at weird. I never managed to get a therapist because the NHS is dogshit, and the only time I did get into therapy, it sucked balls so bad that I left after two or three sessions. At least here, I could vent and I could speak my mind, and people understood. People completely understood my pain and I'm just grateful that this forum was there for me when the rest of the world wasn't. It was so liberating to have a place where people were sympathetic to the feeling of wanting to die. I truly think having this forum helped me out of my darkest moments.

I just wanted to post my story and my gratitude so that anyone who is trying to recover too can perhaps see how quickly things can change for the better. I don't want to CBT anymore. I like my life. I'm happy. If you want to be happy, I think you can do it too. If you want to live, I think you can do it too. I respect your decisions no matter what you choose. Thank you for everything, and good luck on your journey.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tonkpils, Circles, mistymoo and 19 others
BackToLobby

BackToLobby

My bad, first time living.
Apr 9, 2024
I'm happy and proud of you. It's so satisfying to see someone leaving the sub and not by ctb :D

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, heavyeyes, CatLvr and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
FANTASTIC!! You REALLY made my day; week and you are such an inspiration.

I wish you a very long life, filled with love, caring souls, happiness and the knowledge that you will never be forgotten from here. you have a special place in my heart as reading stories like yours makes me believe in all that is good and wonderful filled with an abundance of love and hope.

Like @BackToLobby said, so profoundly and eloquently, "It is so satisfying to see someone leaving the sub and not by ctb". I could never say it any better.

From the Midwest of the U.S. to you, peace, prosper, and you will have a place in my heart forever, now go forward with a smile and all the love from me and this site.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, CatLvr, Catch-22 and 4 others
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
I hope to do the same thing as you. I'm angry and tired of this curse I call life. If death is not what I want, all I can do is try to live.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, CatLvr, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Strawberry_Clouds

Strawberry_Clouds

( = ⩊ = )
Jun 17, 2023
I'm so proud of you. It makes me really hopeful for myself to see stories like this and I hope for the best for you in this new chapter of your life! (sorry if this sounds corny lol)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, CatLvr, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
endlessmelancholy

endlessmelancholy

Jun 12, 2024
I'm glad for you. All the best

• Hugs
E

Edistrying

Jul 22, 2024
Thank you so much & I wish you all the best things, so much love & peace🤍 I dont know you but I know you have a great heart. I send you a hug!!!!!!!! Goodbyeeee

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm glad you recovered and you choose life! Good luck and all the best! :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, heavyeyes and CatLvr
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
Ahhhh!! I am awake in the middle of the night (intrusive dreams) and THIS is what I see! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I am SO happy for you!! Come back and check in every once in a while. I am SO happy for you!

Haha! Did I mention I'm happy for you?? 🤦😉

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, whywere and heavyeyes