wurr

wurr

If you want, you can talk to me about anything
Jul 17, 2023
I was embarrassed to ask about this anywhere outside of here, so I'm going to write about it here. For a long time now I have been afraid to answer text messages. And I'm more afraid if its a person closer to me. I don't really know why I'm afraid, but I am, and it's very inconvenient. Ig it may be that me not knowing what the other person is going to ask is making me anxious? Did anyone had a similar situation and found a solution to it?

I don't really know if this is for off topic or recovery, but I'm going to put it here for now.

Reactions: wheretfami and Clasrink
N

Need Peace

Sep 25, 2023
I can kinda relate. I go through periods of time where I have difficulty texting or calling people back. If it's for work, I have no problem. I'm pretty bad with friends though, and terrible with family. For me it's... I'm not sure what it is. I've gotten a little better with it for now though.

With texting, I'll overthink what to say and then not text back. With phone calls I'll dread having to spend 20 minutes on the phone so I'll just keep putting it off and never call back. Lol! Then I'll have anxiety because I know I should call or text back, but I never do it and I'll feel like an asshole.

I guess I just need to practice it more. The more I do it the better I get with it. I'm not very good at communicating, but I'll never get better if I don't try.

• Hugs
Reactions: wurr, wheretfami and Clasrink