PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I tested my SN, purchased from LW, with a couple drops of blood. Not good resolution on the pics, but what do you think? The "after" pic is darker and it was an immediate color change. Does this match the chocolatey brown color to prove the SN is legit?

C3E5939D 9B79 41F5 B905 0ACB18C259AF

Reactions: ghostspace and Huntfish34
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
@GoodPersonEffed is pretty good at this sort of stuff. To me, it looks good, looks potent, I'm sure others will be able to to tell you better.

Reactions: Huntfish34
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would advise anyone who does this to determine for themselves the color by comparing it to the comment further down in the SN blood test thread that has a photo of test tubes. The darkest ones are dark chocolate brown and 70% methemoglobenemia, which is the goal. In my uninformed opinion, anything significantly lighter could lead to prolonged suffering but not necessarily death.

I always hesitate to say whether I think someone's photographed blood is dark enough because that's a huge responsibility if I am in error, yet I also understand wanting to get others' opinions for confirmation. My opinion here is that, based on the photos, I think it's dark enough, even accounting for lighting and the yellow background rather than a white one. I don't think the yellow would make the blood look significantly darker, it looks very dark.

Reactions: Huntfish34
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
Thanks @BPD Barbie and @GoodPersonEffed . Appreciate your input. I feel LW is a reputable seller based on what I've researched here, I wasn't aware there was a blood test thread. I'll look for that.

Reactions: ghostspace and GoodPersonEffed
H

harmonica

Sep 2, 2020
How does one do the blood test? Do you prepare the SN and water solution, and then add drops of blood?

PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I used a lancet (you can find these in the diabetes care section of most pharmacies) and pricked a couple fingers, squeezed out two drops onto a plate, and sprinkled a tiny bit of SN. I read you need to sprinkle immediately after pricking because blood can darken outside the body and might give a false reading. From what I've researched here, an aquarium test kit is generally more accurate than a blood test. However, I'm satisfied with these results, coupled with my belief the supplier LW sells reputable, high quality products.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and harmonica
spider2020

spider2020

Sep 20, 2020
I got 1 kg of declared E250 99% SN.
Because of price (about 23$ plus 10$ shipping) I dought about its purity.
I will try the "drops of blood test" whenever I can. Are there any alternatives, possibly simpler or more reliable?
A blood oxydates fast and gets brownish in contact with air, AFAIK.