• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
wont go into details but from recent experience it is terribly difficult to get sectioned or even admitted as a patient on a psychiatric ward in the UK

Anyone whose found this to be the case ?

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
I found it to be the opposite. It's way too easy. You can be sectioned for telling a professional that you have a plan of when to die. If you tell anyone that you have plans to die, and they report you, you can end up sectioned.

Reactions: Tiburcio, tammyot and killmepls
M

Mr2004

Student
Aug 20, 2018
wont go into details but from recent experience it is terribly difficult to get sectioned or even admitted as a patient on a psychiatric ward in the UK

Anyone whose found this to be the case ?
I must have been lucky then

L

Lady Lunafreya

Jul 30, 2018
I told my GP when asked about my suicidal thoughts and they asked me:

-so are you going to do it?
-(Seriously, you expect me to admit to it point blank?) I said, no I don't think so.
-Oh, okay. Here's your prescription.

Reactions: Tiburcio
sky7

sky7

Student
Aug 21, 2018
At the psych facility where I work, you so much as admit to having vague suicidal thoughts, even if you have no plan or intent, you get involuntarily admitted.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Anarchy and jethacan
Death

Death

Aug 24, 2018
Seems you have to do something drastic and end up in A&E to be admitted - although that doesn't always guarantee it in my experience!

Reactions: Tiburcio
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
There's been times where I've said after an OD when I was younger that I'll go out and do it again and they just gave me numbers and left me go. But then there was once when I said I was thinking of killing my self and they put me on a ward for 6 days and sent me home with sleeping tablets and antidepressants