• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Achromatix

Achromatix

Always Alone
Sep 11, 2022
I found myself watching tentacrul's video about SS again and sometimes I wonder if he isn't right about one thing. I've been here since 2022. Maybe I should have ctb by now. Maybe I read too many comments, but being a long term user of this forum, maybe I should hurry up and get more serious about ctb. Actually start taking risks like searching the dark web for SN or just trying something. Even more self harm, just something. I guess my question is: Is being here too long a bad thing?

• Hugs
Reactions: CelestialDiana, Ash, sancta-simplicitas and 2 others
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
No one's journey here is set in stone: some may quickly CTB, others may end up recovering and leaving the site. . . others may stay for comfort.

It's not a race or a timed event, we're all here for our own reasons; just be yourself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: author, AbusedInnocent, katyusha_kat and 8 others
Confront4283

Confront4283

When I’m gone just carry on, don’t mourn, rejoice
May 24, 2024
No one's journey here is set in stone: some may quickly CTB, others may end up recovering and leaving the site. . . others may stay for comfort.

It's not a race or a timed event, we're all here for our own reasons; just be yourself.
I love this so much. Well put.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Hahem, Throwawayacc3, Contraband and 8 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Nobody here has the obligation to CTB, don't feel yourself pressured bc of that video.

• Hugs
Reactions: halfwaydown2, author, Achromatix and 3 others
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
You can find SN on the normal web.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
thelookingontheway

thelookingontheway

Jul 15, 2022
Definitely not. I see people leave and more people come in, too. Sometimes I don't visit SS for a long time, sometimes I spend whole days here. Every life has its pace. We already choose a life that most of the world disagree about, I see no need to keep ourselves in some obligations, especially when being here hurts no one.

• Hugs
Reactions: halfwaydown2, author, Achromatix and 3 others
Giraffe

Giraffe

Leaf Muncher
Jun 1, 2023
I like to think of this forum like a more supportive/therapeutic/venting version of Reddit, but largely uncensored revolving around suicide and mental health. I mean uncensored in the best way btw(thank you mods).

I don't think of this place as a means to an end, it's just a forum that some people find refuge in. Vent, discuss, philosophize, anything and everything positive.

But to answer your question in a word, no. Anyways, that's just my two cents on the matter

• Hugs
Reactions: Achromatix, maneose, thelookingontheway and 2 others
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Student
Feb 11, 2020
I haven't watched the video and don't plan to (from mod RainandSadness' post about it, it was clear to me that he never intended on presenting the site and community in an honest way) but I think it's reprehensible for someone to hold the view that certain people aren't "good enough" at being suicidal, they should have just CTB'd by now, etc. The guy who made that video doesn't know you, he doesn't know your story or the challenges you face, he has no idea of the level of thought you've put into CTBing, or anything else about you.

When some people hear "suicidal" it's like they forget that there's a whole human being there, and they immediately shrink them down into these tiny little boxes that fit their narrow view of what suicidal is. It's an extremely outdated view, and I wish by now more people knew that just hearing someone is suicidal doesn't tell you anything else about them.

I've been here for a long time too. I have very specific and carefully thought-out reasons for still being here, and this community has been a huge solace to me in the meantime. So no, no one ever has the right to judge whether you should still be alive, nor whether you should still be on this site. Anyone who holds that view probably knows little to nothing about the reasons you're here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Achromatix and thelookingontheway
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
To be honest, I only watched the first few seconds. I knew it would really anger me to watch more. Hmmm, I imagine his argument would be more that he might be suspicious of long term members here. (Of which I guess I'm one now.) That we're sick sadists or something, getting off on encouraging others to kill themselves. I'm guessing that was his take on it?

Otherwise- what are we saying here? That he and his followers are like: 'Hurry up and kill yourselves already'? I'm sure some of them are saying that... until it's revealed that they were another young person and then, it's different.

We're likely all hanging on for different reasons. I don't want to go before my Dad goes. I would have thought those pro-lifers would approve of that. I'm doing what I can to minimize the impact my suicide might have.

I'm grateful beyond words to this place and this community while I limp through the remaining shitty period of my life. This is the only place a lot of us have to be able to talk about how we really feel without very unpleasant repurcussions. We tell family and loved ones and we burden them with something horrifying that may not happen for years- if at all. Plus, if they totally freak out, we might get sectioned and there are plenty of terrible stories here on what happens after that. People can change too when they know something like that. They're not always supportive. Plenty of people here have been ditched for opening up to friends.

So- what would they prefer? We all pay a therapist to listen? Some of us can't afford that. Some who are actually willing can't access it. Would they prefer us to just suffer in silence? So, they don't need to see it? They'll still be reading about suicides on the news though and the likelihood is, those people would have been entirely alone until they took their lives.

I don't take complete issue with criticisms of this place. The same way that the entire internet can be criticised- it's hard to regulate. But, where I get pissed off is- fine- you don't like this place. So- put your efforts into providing what you consider to be a safer alternative. Maybe some people will use it. Maybe you'll actually 'save' a few. This place clearly serves a need that isn't being met elsewhere. I'd say it was mainly an open platform to be able to discuss suicide. Rather than whitewash over it and insist that it isn't an option. Well- it is an option and people will continue to take it. Especially if they feel like they can't even talk about it!

• Love
Reactions: Achromatix, CelestialDiana, thelookingontheway and 1 other person
B

b1cycle

Jun 9, 2024
I think passive suicidality is equally as valid as someone who is dead after making 20 posts. To some people I think the thought of suicide is a way to soothe themselves and know they have a way out when they feel cornered in life, even if they don't plan to be dead soon.

• Love
Reactions: halfwaydown2 and Achromatix