T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Sooo Tennessee has passed/is passing more anti-lgbt bills. I'm not part of the community but I consider myself an ally.

Basically, to sum it up, there are 2 bills that are close to passing or might have already passed, I don't know for sure. The first one will ban gender-transition health care for any minors which means minors will have to get off of hormones and will not receive any gender-affirming care.

The second seeks to ban drag shows in public places, I think the bill's specifics mention within 1000 feet of a school, public park, place of worship, etc places like that. Apparently this is because last year, a family friendly drag show took place in a public park.

I don't understand why a lot of republicans (not here to argue politics, I'm not a democrat either) try to pass bills to effectively block these people from living the life they desire to live.

• Aww..
Reactions: etale-cohomology, leeloosnow and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
They're bigots that's why. They just want to control people.

leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
"i'm all about freedom for people who do as i say" 💀 cannot stand the way society's going rn

Reactions: Nymph
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
They're bigots that's why. They just want to control people.
"i'm all about freedom for people who do as i say" 💀 cannot stand the way society's going rn
I agree with both of you. It's all a control game, I hold the same view towards the overturn of Roe V. Wade, it was just a way for them to control women, if they cared about life so much, they would improve foster and adoption systems

Reactions: Nymph