A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I sometimes think that people don't really want to know if you're suicidal, despite the PSAs. It's too much for them to handle. And as suicides we don't say bc we don't want psych holds placed on us. I'm particularly worried about the psych holds. Anyone else? It would be nice to talk freely about it. What if I told people about my plans but said I'd do it when I was 155? They wouldn't be able to put a psych hold and would be so freeing! People don't realize how much harm psych holds do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
momdontcryplease

momdontcryplease

Apr 15, 2023
they will put you in one if you say you're going to kill yourself right now and you have a plan but otherwise I don't have this experience where just saying that I'm suicidal gets you carted away. they usually try to sus up your levels when you say that you are suicidal by asking follow up questions but this is all my own experience so yours may be different. my doctor just asks me a questionnaire of my suicidal tendency level. stuff like "how many times do you think about suicide?" and stuff. i did get sent to the ward when the suicide line called police on me. funny thing is I accidently called the suicide hotline for another province but they somehow managed to call my police anyway

• Hugs
Reactions: alexit and Praestat_Mori