Querlista

Querlista

Jan 12, 2021
I find myself either reading threads on SS or scrolling through facebook most of the time. Even though I often enjoy reading all kinds of stuff on here I'd like to have some other topic to invest myself and kill some time. That's why I'd love to hear what you all spend your time with except from being a depressed potatoe and planning the perfect ctb.
What are you passionate about? What were you passionate about? What makes your topic the best?
If you have any tips for other forums on specific issues (or fb groups) I'd love to hear about them too. I just need sth to keep my mind occupied sometimes.

TIA!

• Hugs
Reactions: Fehler, Belaya Noch, death137 and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I like the same as you.
Also, watching anime, reading manga and learning japanese are my passion.

Surprisingly, I might also be interested in working out. Been doing it for some days and seems to be working! (No pun intended lol)

Reactions: death137 and Querlista
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I like browsing on SS or other social media like Instagram or Reddit. I also like up paint and draw, do crafty things like ring making or some random stuff... hmmm I also have a pet rabbit so I play with him and take him out from time to time. Andddd I watch a lot of YouTube videos, movies and series:) it's good to keep your mind busy

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, stygal, death137 and 1 other person
Querlista

Querlista

Jan 12, 2021
I like browsing on SS or other social media like Instagram or Reddit. I also like up paint and draw, do crafty things like ring making or some random stuff... hmmm I also have a pet rabbit so I play with him and take him out from time to time. Andddd I watch a lot of YouTube videos, movies and series:) it's good to keep your mind busy
Crafting is the best. I make wooden cooking spoons hehe
What are the youtube videos about usually? :)

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Crafting is the best. I make wooden cooking spoons hehe
What are the youtube videos about usually? :)
I watch some true crime podcast, also simply nail logical podcast, then some youtubers that talk about mystery and lost media like nexpo..., good mythical morning, many musicians etc..I subscribe to a lot people honestly I can't name them all. But youtube is a great source of distraction if you're depressed. Gaming is great too

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Watching cartoons and other tv shows, to the point where I can go through multi-season shows in a matter of days.

I also really liked playing Smash Bros with my buddies until the pandemic. My internet is too horrible to play online so I'm stuck with computer players most of the time.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I like learning more about math. Always liked it in early school but the environment wasn't suitable for learning. I watched an introductory video to imaginary numbers today. This concept makes me giggle for some reason.

I like video games. I'd like play co-op with someone but I'm not in the mood for multiplayer these days. I'm currently playing The Outer Worlds. It's about capitalism in space or something. Has wonderful dialogue lines, like most Obsidian games.

I've recently discovered my interest in dystopian fiction, and now reading 1984. I find the setting to be very relatable, and see lots of parallels not only with the oppressive government I'm living with, but with life itself.

I enjoy discovering new words, and I'm not passing any unfamiliar word, phrase, or an idiom without figuring out what they mean and how they work in the context. Mostly I'm interested in English, purely for practical reasons at first, and now for aesthetical too.

What's good about all of these, aside from being the subjects of personal interest for me, providing me with enjoyable ways to pass time and with accumulating benefits, is that they can serve as a common ground to find like-minded, compatible individuals.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Bonkers, sauvenchy and 3 others
hoffnungstod

hoffnungstod

Student
Jan 3, 2021
I really like Black Metal (the only music I can relate with), literature (crimes, thriller, sometimes "deeper" stuff), watching films (I love Noir films) and whisk(e)y.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Checking SS, telegram, Reddit and YouTube, I sometimes also check gore sites but I don't participate or agree with the disgusting comments there. I love video game but played very little for the past 4-5 months. I like listening music, and reading about history, science, philosophy and some other interesting things.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Weeping Garbage Can, stygal and 1 other person
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i love listening to music. from classical to glitch terror noise stuff pretty much everything with heart and soul in it.
cause i am a graphic artist i also have some passion about graphic design.
in earlier days i also was lot in playing games like factorio or rimworld or the civilization series since civ2. but that passion somehow has gone cause it feels just too much waste of time.
i am also a big tv series and movie freak.

and i discover more and more that i like to communicate with people. having long talks with friends. but i seem to never have found the right people and also had the feeling i never could open up enough to make this happen i isolated myself for very long, partly not speaking to anybody for weeks or even months (except "hello" and "thank you" at the supermarket) in the last 20 years.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, Isitmytime, Querlista and 1 other person
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
As main interests and to kill time I would say that they are skating and watching videos, especially documentaries, be it on animals, biology or astronomy especially. I am not an expert in any subject but I like you know a little about everything, especially if it is related to nature.
I used to play magic cards, paint warhammer, or play D&D games (for now I was inventing a campaign to pass the time).

Before I spent more time in forums, when I got my queen ant I was in a forum informing me about it, I used to do it with any hobby or new thing that I discovered.

If you have any tips for other forums on specific issues (or fb groups) I'd love to hear about them too. I just need sth to keep my mind occupied sometimes.

I would highly recommend Inaturalist. It is a page where you upload the captures of the plants or animals in your area (I have 17 :ahhha: ). Take a look at the wildlife near your area c:

• Love
Reactions: Querlista
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I like watching things about ghosts and everything paranormal. I like horror and sci-fi, and also spooky old black and white films. And I believe dogs(and other pets)to be guardian angels.

Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
I love to read and play video games. Other then that I'm interested in unsolved mysteries, mostly unidentified people and the circumstances surrounding them.

Reactions: stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I like listening to music a lot but it's mostly the same 10 songs (I get obsessed with at some point) over and over until I move on. But music is definitely a big part in my life I couldn't do without. It also reflects my mood quite a bit since it can change from a classical song to some screamo in a second.

Last year I started to get into reading and made a list of 50 books I wanted to finish until this fall. I enjoy dark dystopian, sarcastic, sometimes humorous sci-fi novels the best or those dealing with death in a different ways.

I love nature and the forest and before my health declined I used to walk or jog a lot. That was just like meditation and gave me some inner peace...I wish I could go back to that.

Lastly talking to other open-minded individuals has been very enjoyable lately...so I go with the classic "What to do do in your free time?" "I like to hang out with my friends" - answer.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isitmytime, sauvenchy, DocNo and 1 other person
The end !

The end !

Jan 11, 2021
1. thinking about death
2.thinking about how unfair life has been to me
3.hating everyone

Reactions: Random
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I recently got into cross stitch. Mainly because I used to do regular embroidery, but always ended up being disappointed with the result because it didn't look good enough, and cross stitch is easier in a way. It's nice to do something with my hands, and it doesn't require too much focus, but still enough to keep my thoughts somewhat occupied.

• Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, Bonkers and Querlista
S

sauvenchy

Jan 19, 2021
I like drinking coffee in the morning while standing in the garden barefoot and in the cold. The contrast between the 2 wakes me up and I love it somehow.

I like self-help books, gives me a temporary boost in life only so i can let myself down again.

If i could i would want to experiment on myself with new drugs or genetic modification. I love thinking about how the society of the future looks like. Given the choice to be frozen I would do it in a heartbeat just to have a go at it.

Reactions: Bonkers
Bonkers

Bonkers

Nov 22, 2020
I recently got into cross stitch. Mainly because I used to do regular embroidery, but always ended up being disappointed with the result because it didn't look good enough, and cross stitch is easier in a way. It's nice to do something with my hands, and it doesn't require too much focus, but still enough to keep my thoughts somewhat occupied.
Cross stitch is the best.
I'm fascinated by water. Lakes, rivers, waterfalls, the ocean. I can't go swimming because of Covid at the moment and my mood has plummeted drastically. I want to live on a riverside, doing cross stitch!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers and moonchild
I

Isitmytime

Jan 26, 2021
Why does this feel too personal to share? I also have a hard time remembering what I used to really like and how it felt. Lately nothing seems to bring me joy. I used to like reading, music, nature... heck, I used to like working 10 -12 hours a day when needed. Now it's just about finding a way to get through the day... smiling, so that people don't give me weird looks.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers