P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
Is there recovery for TV addicts and are there specific programs to help with this? I knew I always watched a lot of tv but after doing some searching and reading, I've realized that TV might be the main cause of my issues/depression. Too much TV has been found to affect the frontal lobes of the brain. The frontal lobes are considered our behaviour and emotional control centre and home to our personality and that's exactly what I've had issues with. I feel like I don't have a strong sense of self and I'm always very quiet. I really don't generate many words when in a conversation, they just don't pop into my head. There's other issues such as poor memory, etc that inflict me. All of this has led to insecurity, anxiety and mega depression. I've been struggling for a long time now, I'm 45 and my first recollection of being depressed was when I was 14. I used to hide everything really well but I got tired of faking it so now I just isolate myself all the time and watch TV. I have a hard time pulling myself away from the TV and sometimes go for days without taking care of myself. Anyway, I've watched a lot of TV since I was a kid and I really think it has caused cognitive issues. I don't know how to tackle this by myself and am in need of help. If anyone could offer suggestions or resources, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: Ihadagoodlife