L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Techie help please- my phone keeps telling me websites have failed SSL when I try and research psychedelics on legitimate sites like shops in EU. I can reach these sites fine from my laptop. I have tried 3 different browsers on my phone - Firefox, Opera and Safari. Does anyone know why this is? I'm trying to research LSA. I can wait till I'm home, but it's really annoying and concerning that my phone is stopping my research.
It says it 'can't establish a secure connection to the server' but it is only doing this for psychedelic related websites . It's really sinister.

Last edited:
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
This can happen for any number of reasons, unfortunately; but given that error message, if it's just happening on mobile it's likely your mobile provider is blocking access to the site under a "harmful content" censure policy. You can double-check here: https://www.blocked.org.uk

First, if you have an account with your mobile provider, log-in and make sure to disable the "adult content" filter. Unfortunately, even with this switched off sometimes you will still experience censorship. The simple solution would be to use a VPN, many are relatively inexpensive and tech-friendly, if you can download an app and login then the service will take care of the rest.

Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Thank you. At least my phone doesn't block SS! I'll look into it.

Reactions: Giraffey