Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I hate being a woman, I hate my feminine body and the shapes and how it functions. One of the worst things are periods, and how much money you have to spend on feminine hygiene products that you'll just end up throwing away. I wish they could just be free because men don't have to buy this stuff, and I couldn't choose if I wanted to be a woman or a man, so just because I was born I'm now forced to cope with my period. Pads and especially tampons are very expensive and I have heavy periods so I go through them quickly, right now I can afford them but I can't imagine how people that are struggling buy this stuff. Would it even be possible for them to be free? I understand that it requires machines and materials to make them but it's a necessity for people. It's not just a fancy extra thing you buy, you literary need this or you can function. I HATE BEING A WOMAN I HATE MY BODY. I want to cut my uterus and breasts off

Reactions: Willdieby30, mooncake and Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I hear you and, if it weren't for a medical procedure I'd be going through all that still, too.

This is off-topic but I'm gob-smacked: for whatever reason (probably your username) I've been presuming you're a guy. I'm not sure why but you can imagine how shocked I was to see your username under this thread title :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I hear you and, if it weren't for a medical procedure I'd be going through all that still, too.

This is off-topic but I'm gob-smacked: for whatever reason (probably your username) I've been presuming you're a guy. I'm not sure why but you can imagine how shocked I was to see your username under this thread title :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:
Oh lol surprise!

and what procedure? was it intentional or unavoidable? I was thinking about an operation because I don't want to have children anyways

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I was on the Pill since age 15, to stop them altogether. I got an IUD a few years ago. Both methods are reversible if you do want kids but I never did and now it's too late for me. Both methods work though, FWIW.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I have the mirena coil fitted and it stopped my periods. I haven't had one now for like 5 or 6 years, saved a fortune on sanitary products. Might be worth looking into. It's uncomfortable to have fitted but so worth it, especially if you have heavy periods.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I have the mirena coil fitted and it stopped my periods. I haven't had one now for like 5 or 6 years, saved a fortune on sanitary products. Might be worth looking into. It's uncomfortable to have fitted but so worth it, especially if you have heavy periods.
Yup. Me too.

harkovv

harkovv

Everybody's different. Everybody's special. TCS.
Jul 14, 2020
Pads/tampons shouldn't be taxed as a luxury item because hygiene is not a luxury:-) i agree with you, neither of us asked to bleed once a month so why should we still pay for it lol

im on birth control but my period still comes every month as it was before.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and VIBRITANNIA
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I was on the Pill since age 15, to stop them altogether. I got an IUD a few years ago. Both methods are reversible if you do want kids but I never did and now it's too late for me. Both methods work though, FWIW.
Oh I see, thanks. I considered the pill but I'm worried it will make my breasts/hips bigger(estrogen) because my mom told me when she was on it she felt better and more feminine. Which is the opposite of what I want.

Last edited:
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Oh I see, thanks. I considered the pill but I'm worried it will make my breasts/hips bigger because my mom told me when she was on it she felt better and more feminine. Which is the opposite of what I want.
It can happen but, while I was on it, I managed to get underweight with Anorexia so as long as you watch your appetite it should be fine.

• Wow
Reactions: Nymph
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
Have you've considered period underwear/menstrual cups? I'm sure it's somewhat pricey starting out but they're re useable so you wouldn't need to buy anymore products for a long time

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I have this hippie friend who made them herself. There are companies online who sell reusable products.
Or as mentioned Mirena or cups.
Or wait, I'm just over 40 and started menopause already (yes that's early)

AfraidofEverything

AfraidofEverything

Living in my head
Jun 12, 2020
Was going to mention cups too. I use diva cup and it was around $25. Considering how many years I've had it I'd say it was worth it. It's crazy and unfair how expensive menstrual products are. If I could just not have periods don't you think I'd have done that by now?

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
the most frustrating thing is is that there are only a few other animals that menstruate like we do. i know it's because of evolution and everything, but is this really necessary?

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Oh I see, thanks. I considered the pill but I'm worried it will make my breasts/hips bigger(estrogen) because my mom told me when she was on it she felt better and more feminine. Which is the opposite of what I want.
I guess this is all dependant on the individual but this never happened to me. I take the estrogen pill because of stupid hormonal acne. My weight and body proportions size stayed same. I been taking the pill for years now since about age 17 and I'm late 20s. I hate being a woman so so much. It's so depressing to have to have useless organs for reproductive purposes only...ugh. I would have had sterilization surgery but I can't afford it. There are no estrogen pills and IUDs that can stop periods as well.

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
Another vote for menstrual cups/underwear....they seem like they would be a good fit in your situation. For years I accepted the social expectation to block or collect your period flow, but about a year ago I quit wearing pads. They just aren't worth the money. And I can't use any internal menstrual products. Now I just do free bleeding. When I'm at home, I just lay down a towel under myself. When I'm outside, I just use period panties.

But yeah, I completely understand how miserable being a woman can be. Why couldn't nature have picked a better way to let us know we aren't pregnant?

I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
I hope you can find a way to accept your body in the future, OP. I used to feel similarly, not anymore <3

Reactions: Lorntroubles
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I might start looking into getting the coil or other ways to stop my period. In the UK, free tampons and pads are made available in schools to students who need it and Scotland will soon make them available to all women. I remember when it first came out in the news, there was a bunch of men complaining about how they don't get free stuff from the government and how we need to stop whining about the costs of buying sanitary products.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I have the mooncup, but my flow is so heavy it over fills in an hour :( I use it combined with heavy nighttime resuable pads, its saved me hundreds over the years, and no more nappy rash from brought products!

Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
I hate being a woman, I hate my feminine body and the shapes and how it functions. One of the worst things are periods, and how much money you have to spend on feminine hygiene products that you'll just end up throwing away. I wish they could just be free because men don't have to buy this stuff, and I couldn't choose if I wanted to be a woman or a man, so just because I was born I'm now forced to cope with my period. Pads and especially tampons are very expensive and I have heavy periods so I go through them quickly, right now I can afford them but I can't imagine how people that are struggling buy this stuff. Would it even be possible for them to be free? I understand that it requires machines and materials to make them but it's a necessity for people. It's not just a fancy extra thing you buy, you literary need this or you can function. I HATE BEING A WOMAN I HATE MY BODY. I want to cut my uterus and breasts off
Was thinking about this the other day, I really don't think we should have to pay for it. We didn't choose to have our period. They should at least offer like basic ones for free, charge for the fancier ones maybe. I know it costs to make them but it's really unfair that we have to pay so much. I dunno about anyone else, but I struggle to buy them sometimes.