W

WhirlingMind

Apr 26, 2020
Hi everyone,
do you know any interesting video about suicidality to watch? On youtube the add friendly censorship prevents the freedom of speech required to discuss topics like this, and so I was only able to find pretty cheesy stuff. Will I maybe be able to find more interesting discussions somewhere else?

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have seen a few. Even though I don't often share their perspective and ultimate conclusion, they were worth watching, IMO.

Reactions: justsayin and divorceddepression
W

WhirlingMind

Apr 26, 2020
Thanks Celerity! I watched just the middle one since I'm afraid I can't stand discussions on the moral side of suicide. I really hope to find a source for talks like this where you can find more material like the one you shared.

W

WhirlingMind

Apr 26, 2020

This is a very interesting talk, even if it's a bit, idk erratic?
My favourite part is when he describes suicide as a public statement of failure, even though he somewhat views it on a negative light. I actually believe that realising you actually have the option to just accept your life as a failure frees you from so much weight and represents such an uplifting experience. At the end you're not your family, you're not your society, you're not your species and you're not your body. You're just the decisions you make, right?

I've watched this videos quite some time ago and I remember they were very well put together. It would be amazing to find something like this, not on why people choose to quit, but on why people don't.

Last edited: