Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
I have a friend that today broke down during lunch and explained to me how shitty her life was, and how hard it was for her to want to live. She said it was really hard for her to find a point in getting through the suffering she's going through. I did my best to comfort her, and I told her she's just gotta get through the short hell of high school so that she can be freer to live her life in college. I told her there's hope, and that there is a point to life. And it feels weird that I'm able to say it, like I believe it, even though I've attempted suicide before and am only sticking around because I don't want to hurt people, and the people I don't want to hurt are making life bearable for now. I know it won't last, people move, relationships change and fall, but i know i gotta stay for now. But i think the reason I was able to say what i said to her realtively honestly, was that i believe that she can find hope, that she can find a reason. She's so strong and been through so much, and she's been able to hold on. I truly think she has the capability to lead a happy and successful life. But for me, i feel hopeless. A hypocrite I am, but hopefully a helpful one
Venting it all here cause i got no one else lol, very thankful for this website and all you lovely people

Reactions: Maribelle, ForestLove, throwaway777 and 7 others
mpti

mpti

Feb 19, 2019
You sound like a great friend. It must help to be able to talk about this stuff in real life without judgement and with only genuine support.

Reactions: ForestLove, 21Neberg, Wolfjob_dayjob and 3 others
reveriewong

reveriewong

Feb 22, 2019
You sound like a good friend, and she's fortunate to have you to open up to.

It's true that all things are transient. But there's much beauty and many moments to cherish while it's around. Cherish what you have and who you have in your life, the best you can.

Getting through this hard time for her (and for yourself) will make you stronger. It builds character. It'll make you both tougher and more resilient. You'll be able to cope better in the future, when you encounter more difficult times. You'll have more strategies to get you through.

I hope that you and your friend both find a reason--a purpose--to keep going. You both have inherent worth, and you both make decisions that matter.

Reactions: ForestLove, 21Neberg, lemmeeleev and 3 others
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
I think you've got a good heart @Lil_Intro_Vert

Reactions: 21Neberg, Wolfjob_dayjob, lemmeeleev and 2 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Wait, what is this word "friends" you speak of?

Reactions: 21Neberg, NumbItAll, lemmeeleev and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
You are a good friend. :)
I don't know if I have any friends that are suicidal like myself. (It's just not something that gets discussed)
I don't tell my friends that I'm suicidal … I don't want locked up.
One of my friends knows that I hate it here and want to die … they just don't know how close I am to ending it.
I don't think I want to put that burden on them. If I do end it I don't want them to feel guilty. (Not sure how possible that is)
I also don't want anyone getting in any legal trouble for not trying to stop me or for not alerting authorities.

Reactions: ForestLove, FTL.Wanderer, 21Neberg and 3 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
Thank you all, your replies are very kind and helpful and make me feel a little better about myself

Reactions: ForestLove, throwaway777, 21Neberg and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
You sound like the friend I've been wishing for lil intro vert... incredible how even trough your suffering you can be an amazing support to your friend.

Reactions: Lil_Intro_Vert and throwaway777
ForestLove

ForestLove

Jus wanna be a tree
Oct 16, 2018
You are a genuine friend. Your friend is fortunate to have you by her side. You understand where she is coming from and understand how she feels. I'm deeply sorry that you view your situation as hopeless. May peace be with you.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lil_Intro_Vert