StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I have been to several psychiatrists over the years but finding one that understands me is extremely tedious. I have always been dismissed with an anxiety and depression diagnosis even though my GP has stated there must be something more going on. This time my GP described as best he could my ups and downs (I go through periods of feeling on top of the world and then wanting/planning to CTB).

And then there's the problem of telling the doctor's "everything". I feel so embarrassed and uncomfortable when they ask for example "how would you kill yourself?". If they only knew... I can't tell them because it would put my income and mental health at risk getting sent to a mental hospital.

I feel like finding a good psychiatrist is nearly impossible at this point.

feannagan

feannagan

Nov 7, 2023
I've been seeking help for 10 years, but every psychiatrist has been useless or made things worse. I feel suicidal because support is inaccessible in my country. Even today, talking to a doctor left me feeling worse. I'm only alive because I don't want to abandon my loved ones, not because anyone has been able to help.
I hope you can find the help and support you need, if that's what you want. I've heard stories of people who have had positive experiences, but trying to access help is exhausting.

Reactions: StillBreathing