L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
I have been living in the past again the last couple of days. Thinking about my x girlfriend, who I met online, and then just a few weeks later I flew to her town, she and her mother met me on the airport, and I stayed over for one night, only for one night because we haven't met before, in those days webcams/smartphones were not a thing, so I had to have a plan B if things did not workout. But everything worked out, it was magical.

Sometimes I think back in time, the life I had, the opportunities that I threw away, so many opportunities. It breaks my heart, it really does, it is so painful to think about it, I can never forgive myself.

17 years later , and I am a total different person, living in confinement, staring at a gas cylinder, cant think of anything else than dying. Would I go back in time if I could? absolutely, sometimes in life you meet the right people, people who would be there for you for the rest of your life. Sometimes one is too foolish/young/arrogant to see that, and then push those people away, and you endup alone.

Not only did I push her away, but so did I push away my best friend (of 18 years), he died while I was away on a trip overseas, I can never go back.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Scribble Fan, Beeper, Dead Meat and 2 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I get it. I have never fully made the most of opportunities I had.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: luten and Beeper
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is painful thinking about the past as we cannot turn back time and change things. All we are left with is memories. I'm sorry you are going through this, I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: luten
S

seaweaves

they/them
Oct 25, 2021
I definitely feel you on the struggles of living in those pasts and reflecting them through or against where I am now.

Some of the worst of it for me, is having that hindsight enough to recognize the opportunities I'm choosing against or missing right now; to read future regret into enough options that I stall out and choose none. There's the hurt of reflecting on my past and then there's the added hurt of reflecting on the fact that I am still building my past each day.

Best I can do for now, most days, is try to (emphasis on try) extend grace to my past self for all the learning and healing they had to do, and hope that in the future I can grant the same generosity to today

• Love
Reactions: luten, Beeper and rationaltake