SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
My question is what do you think of spending your credit card on visa gift cards to send to people you feel you need to take care of?

What are the problems and will it get those people in trouble one way or another?

This is something someone could do in their last days and also if CTB is successful. I have tried my hardest to live morally and take care of others my whole life. It was important for me to do the best I could always. I have never done anything against the system ever because I was terrified of prison time or just doing anything immoral. It even bothered me to think of things that could be.

In the USA No one will inherit the debt from what I found. It goes to your estate to get paid off. If it can't be paid off by the estate then it goes away and not to people. As long as no one else's name is on the debt. I spent a lot of time researching this, but there were some holes that gave me more questions.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: pole, Aloneisbestforme and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do want to leave debt behind or not? Can the successors say they don't want to inherit? If the successors must inherit the debt they might be stuck with it. But those questions can only be answered according to law where you live. I don't think it will be possible to get the things back if u gave them away, nobody would know where this stuff is.

• Informative
Reactions: SolomonKado
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Do want to leave debt behind or not? Can the successors say they don't want to inherit? If the successors must inherit the debt they might be stuck with it. But those questions can only be answered according to law where you live. I don't think it will be possible to get the things back if u gave them away, nobody would know where this stuff is.
Thank you for that question. I added that information to the thread. No one will inherit the debt. It goes to your estate to get paid off and not to people. Only goes to others if their name is on debt. I spent a lot of time researching this, but there were some holes that made more questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
was this something that should not be brought up because of the immoral implications of it?

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Perfectly valid questions, but one where the answer varies from state to state (in the US) and country to country. Under NY law, any debt solely in the name of the deceased would go to their estate to be paid, and then would be wiped clean if the estate couldn't pay it. (Just like you said.)

However, using credit to buy gift cards to give to people *could* be a legal gray area. Especially if it was done shortly before ctb. I'm not a lawyer, but my guess would be that the burden of proof would be on the credit card companies to show that the gifts were done fraudulently (because you knew it wouldn't be paid back). Ultimately, my guess is it would depend on the amount on whether the CC companies would bother.

But you might want to consult a lawyer or at least do a little more case law research in your specific jurisdiction.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Perfectly valid questions, but one where the answer varies from state to state (in the US) and country to country. Under NY law, any debt solely in the name of the deceased would go to their estate to be paid, and then would be wiped clean if the estate couldn't pay it. (Just like you said.)

However, using credit to buy gift cards to give to people *could* be a legal gray area. Especially if it was done shortly before ctb. I'm not a lawyer, but my guess would be that the burden of proof would be on the credit card companies to show that the gifts were done fraudulently (because you knew it wouldn't be paid back). Ultimately, my guess is it would depend on the amount on whether the CC companies would bother.

But you might want to consult a lawyer or at least do a little more case law research in your specific jurisdiction.
Yeah that's my problem. I have a credit card with about $10,000 usd I think and they might take notice.

Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
I'd thought about doing this. Certainly I'd taken out loans I have no intention of repaying but that was for myself, since I don't really have anyone in my life to take care.

I think what HighFlight said tracks; they would have to prove that you did this while you had foreknowledge that they wouldn't be paid back.

I think whoever you give the gifts to are fine; again, companies would have to spend time and money proving that they were in on the fraud in order to hit them with anything. I think the CC company would just eat the loss.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Well it was a thought. I was trained extensively in the military to train for everything possible. Paying attention to the most "worst case" scenarios. Problem is after seeing those "worst case" scenarios for myself in the military it solidified that they can and will happen. Even though I survived that didn't make it any better. I experienced it and was apart of it.

Ever since then I couldn't shut it off. Everyday I planned for the worst case and then working in a prison it was the same thing. Working in the prison only made it worse because staff were dangerous and only time inmates were dangerous is when staff treated them like trash.

I don't blame the inmates because some staff could be really bad. Even the best acting inmates just trying to do the right thing we not safe from them.

Because of everything in my life I react instead of thinking about things. Being bitter and lashing out…I hate what I've become.

Now I am traumatized by so much pain and suffering that I can't live. I am great at handling money and schedules, but not life. This was just one of those scenarios.