Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
So I've been taking care of my nieces for the past two months in another state...there mom(my shitty sister) isn't here because she is focusing on school. Honestly, I needed to vent to someone who can just tell me it will be okay. I wake them up for school, feed them, dress them, wash them...and I do this while I have severe depression so I'm surprised at myself that I was able to do any of this. My mom does the cooking, but discipline falls on me, and I'm tired of being the "bad" guy because I put them in the corner or have to be patient with them. I try positive discipline and anything to look up online. I TRY my best. But what got me today was when I asked one of them if they can see that I love them (showing through actions) she (7 year old) said no she can't tell. Honestly, this hurt. Like I know being a caretaker, parent and all is a thankless task and I SHOULDNT be upset, but I am. I feel like I give what I can and just because I'm not showing them in gifts I'm not "showing" love. Idk I just felt very low like I failed at another thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, marcusuk63 and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
As hard as it is try not to take what little kids say seriously. To her she might have meant in the moment. My daughter (5 at the time) once told her brother " I wish you would die" because she wanted to be left alone. We talked that one out quite a bit.

I know it still hurts. My kids say mean stuff too. Kids are hard, you're awesome to take on children that aren't yours.