Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
What do you think about getting a cat or a dog (I would like a dog) to care for and love as a way to recover? I feel like it would be very helpful, but given how hard I find it to care about just myself already, I don't want to end up unable to take care correctly of an animal, it would crush me again. Do any of you tried?

• Love
Reactions: Immensevoid, F&Inside, ClaudeCTTE and 2 others
bpdbunnygirl

bpdbunnygirl

Sep 19, 2023
I know exactly how you feel. I find it so hard to take care of myself. but I still manage to take care of my animals. to me, my animals are my #1 priority. I care more about them than myself. I always take care of them and then pretty much neglect myself. but I'm not sure

Reactions: Immensevoid, F&Inside, Akanea and 1 other person
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I think adopting a pet is a really lovely idea. Yes, pets can be work, but they offer spades in return with love and companionship. Plus you'll never feel super lonely with your furry friend around. If you can shoulder the responsibility, maybe having a little being to take care of will motivate you to want to take more care of yourself, so you can be a dedicated pet parent.

Reactions: Akanea and Inthewind
Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
Cats are a good choice especially elders becuz they still have long lives, developed personalitys, and lazy and more chillaxed, and would want cuddles more than a kitten

Reactions: Akanea
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
I know exactly how you feel. I find it so hard to take care of myself. but I still manage to take care of my animals. to me, my animals are my #1 priority. I care more about them than myself. I always take care of them and then pretty much neglect myself. but I'm not sure
That's great, If I do get one I also hope they would be my 1st priority, but I never had any so I don't know how I would fare with an animal. it's just that sometimes it is so hard to get out of bed for anything, would I find the strength to go out so that my dog can run and pee? I don't know… what pets do you have?
I think adopting a pet is a really lovely idea. Yes, pets can be work, but they offer spades in return with love and companionship. Plus you'll never feel super lonely with your furry friend around. If you can shoulder the responsibility, maybe having a little being to take care of will motivate you to want to take more care of yourself, so you can be a dedicated pet parent.
Yes, not feeling lonely anymore would be such a blessing.
Cats are a good choice especially elders becuz they still have long lives, developed personalitys, and lazy and more chillaxed, and would want cuddles more than a kitten
I guess cats are also more independent than dogs so it would be easier for me…. I don't know

• Hugs
Reactions: Inthewind
A

adrenalinejunkie

Sep 22, 2023
Pets are awesome and love you truly unconditionally. I prefer cats but a dog may help you out of bed because you have to take them out to use the bathroom.