• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Steff

Steff

Jun 21, 2024
So this thread is about people like me who are taking a lot of prescription and other meds daily.

I myself take up to 10 different meds daily, such as 5 psych drugs (I'm autistic and schizophrenic), few painkillers and stomach meds.

Basically, I take all of these meds just to try to make myself get through the day.

Share your story if you feel comfortable doing so.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Catch-22
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
I'm only on 3 psych meds. Didn't want to and fought it for a decade but I couldn't get myself to suffer through wagecuckery without getting numbed out. My body physically wouldn't let me do the bullshit every day. I probably shouldn't even be alive anymore so I'll try anything just to see what it's like. Helps make me forget about people and how they view me, too. I wish there was something where I could just live in fantasies.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Steff and real human being
Upvote 0
PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

May 3, 2024
I take 6 psych meds including:

Lithium
Trazodone
Buspirone
Melatonin
Diazepam
Quetiapine (sometimes)

Melatonin isn't technically a psych med, but I stick it in that category for me because it's supposed to help my sleep. I don't think it actually does anything though.
The trazodone and buspirone I take different doses at different times of the day. The quetiapine - I have some left over from when I was officially on it months back but I only tend to take it when I really can't stick being in my head
Apart from that, I'm prescribed medications for my IBS.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Steff
Upvote 0
T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
i take psychiatric medication for my anxiety and depression.

i also take pain medication for my chronic pain and fatigue condition.

lots of meds, feel kinda high half the time.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Steff
Upvote 0
Steff

Steff

Jun 21, 2024
Just to mention the psych meds that I'm currently taking: Lorazepam, Clonazepam, Duloxetine, Lamotrigine, Olanzapine (all high dose).

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Apr 28, 2024
I'm not on any psych meds as I have already been on almost all of them throughout the years and my psych is kind of at a loss at this point of what to even try with me. Someone on here mentioned Auvelity to me recently, apparently that's a new medication, so I may give that one a try. In the past, I was on various cocktails of psych meds and boy it was awful. So many side effects, often felt sick, and the weight gain was insane.

I do currently take a pill to control periods, sleeping pills, migraine pills, and a weight loss injectable. I hate having to take meds at all but I couldn't survive without these right now.

Are you saying that some of your meds help with your autism symptoms? Which ones? I'm autistic too and I haven't heard of meds helping before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steff and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Steff

Steff

Jun 21, 2024
I'm not on any psych meds as I have already been on almost all of them throughout the years and my psych is kind of at a loss at this point of what to even try with me. Someone on here mentioned Auvelity to me recently, apparently that's a new medication, so I may give that one a try. In the past, I was on various cocktails of psych meds and boy it was awful. So many side effects, often felt sick, and the weight gain was insane.

I do currently take a pill to control periods, sleeping pills, migraine pills, and a weight loss injectable. I hate having to take meds at all but I couldn't survive without these right now.

Are you saying that some of your meds help with your autism symptoms? Which ones? I'm autistic too and I haven't heard of meds helping before.

Idk if any of the meds I'm taking help with autism. My personal opinion is that they don't. All of the psych meds I'm taking have been prescribed to me exclusively for schizophrenia. And I myself haven't really heard that there are any meds specifically for autism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0