T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Hello all, I'm planning on taking a break from this forum, no clue how long but I will be back eventually. I just figured I post here A LOT. Too many of those posts are about the same issue. I just want to take a break from it and give myself some space.

Not too much else to say, but I hope everyone has a good time while I'm gone, I don't know when I'll be back but I'll be sure to post and update.

ThatStateOfMind signing off

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nanaka, squirley, Passersby and 7 others
catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
I hope your break conduces you to peace. I have read some of your posts here. From what i saw you seem to be a comprensive person, thank you for being here giving advice or nice messages to the community. I will be waiting for any new post from you if you want to come back someday.

• Hugs
Reactions: squirley, Pluto and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I don't know if you will read this but I hope what I said didn't spur this decision. But I wish you the best and I really think something more focused in terms of counseling would be to your benefit.

• Hugs
Reactions: squirley and Pluto
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
So first off, I decided to revisit now since I've attended therapy. This is an update (I'll reply below all of this).

First off, therapy went great! I had a really good time talking to the woman and she made me feel understood. I talk a lot and she didn't seem bothered by it. We talked about setting up Medication stuff (idk what it's called) and it's essentially where the next time I'm there, I think, I'll talk to a nurse practitioner about ADHD meds, like my concerns, side effects, and what would be the best route. At the end, I can decide if I'd like to try it or not and we go from there.

I'm not exactly doing therapy, rather I'm meeting with a care coordinator with the option for therapy if I decide to do that later. The only difference as far as I know is the therapists have a masters degree in psychology but the care coordinator has a bachelors I believe, and is great at talking to me and caring. She even helped me set up a non-disclosure thing with my cousin who works at the doctors office I go to. I did that because my cousin and aunt believes medication is bad and will kill people and all that kinda stuff and I did the non-disclosure so they won't talk to her about anything pertaining to me or my medical records. I don't want them trying to talk me out of it.

I also have been applying to different jobs because the school board never got back to me, so I've applied to a small retail store but they haven't got back to me yet so I plan on looking for more things.

Finally, now the update is done, so I'll reply to everyone

I hope your break conduces you to peace. I have read some of your posts here. From what i saw you seem to be a comprensive person, thank you for being here giving advice or nice messages to the community. I will be waiting for any new post from you if you want to come back someday.
It did bring some peace, and I might even begin taking more brief breaks from the site. I still enjoy posting here and talking to people here and hopefully, I can positively affect someone's life here.

I don't know if you will read this but I hope what I said didn't spur this decision. But I wish you the best and I really think something more focused in terms of counseling would be to your benefit.
It didn't, I promise. It did make me rethink some things but didn't cause it. I think therapy helps me and I'm looking forward to my appointment next month.

Edit: I know it isn't exactly therapy since she isn't a therapist but I will refer to it as therapy for simplicity's sake.

• Love
Reactions: catotoctb, nanaka, carac and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It didn't, I promise. It did make me rethink some things but didn't cause it. I think therapy helps me and I'm looking forward to my appointment next month.

Edit: I know it isn't exactly therapy since she isn't a therapist but I will refer to it as therapy for simplicity's sake.
Well I am glad to hear from you and I hope this counseling opportunity helps you, as O believe it will.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind