L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I'm a little late on this post because Tuesday is almost over but I actually a nice busy day today. Anyway.....

What's your favorite kind of taco?

I've had some authentic Mexican tacos with tripe or cow head. Both were very good. I was to scared to try the brains taco. Maybe some day. I usually go for the classic American version, ground beef, cheese, onion, tomato and very hot hot sauce with a dab of sour cream. Venison meat makes great tacos!

• Love
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Mixo and botanormal
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i'm a hard shell taco kind of person for sure. vegetarian though so not a fan of meat, but i do like making them with a veggie schnitzel or what not instead of meat and some veggies.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: tryingmybest and botanormal
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
i'm a hard shell taco kind of person for sure. vegetarian though so not a fan of meat, but i do like making them with a veggie schnitzels or what not instead of meat and some veggies.
For some reason I've never thought of that but I am trying to eat healthier. And there are a lot of meat substitutes out there. Sounds like it's time to experiment!

• Love
Reactions: botanormal and allesistgut
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
For some reason I've never thought of that but I am trying to eat healthier. And there are a lot of meat substitutes out there. Sounds like it's time to experiment!
yeah definitely would recommend it! before i became vegetarian i was a pretty big meat fan but now honestly i prefer the taste of meat substitutes. and there are a lot of substitutes as well that mimic meat really well for people who still want to have the same taste/texture of meat (chicken substitutes seem to be done especially well).

• Love
Reactions: botanormal
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I know it's definitely come a long way. Lol. I make some great chicken wing sauce and have been wanting to try some chicken substitute

• Yay!
  • Love
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
yeah! i had a veggie "chicken" schnitzel a while back and actually had to double check it wasn't meat! haha.

• Yay!
Reactions: Looooser and botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I've never actually had a taco before, they aren't as popular in my area but I've always wanted to try! If I find a place that sells them, I'll have to check out your favourites for sure! :haha:

• Wow
Reactions: allesistgut and Looooser
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Tacos
I've never actually had a taco before, they aren't as popular in my area but I've always wanted to try! If I find a place that sells them, I'll have to check out your favourites for sure! :haha:
Tacos are the best because you can fill the shell with anything! I prefer crunchy shell slightly warmed up in the over first but they also have soft shell as well.

• Yay!
elfin

elfin

Feb 8, 2022
i'm more of a burrito kind of girl but a soft shell taco with some kind of vegan meat substitute, lettuce, tomatoes, vegan cheese and vegan sour cream sounds like it could be great

• Love
Reactions: Looooser, Mixo, botanormal and 1 other person
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Tacos

Tacos are the best because you can fill the shell with anything! I prefer crunchy shell slightly warmed up in the over first but they also have soft shell as well.
What is the shell made out of? Is it like a tortilla, or are those burritos? I haven't tried one of those either honestly, I definitely gotta though, my new year's resolution is to try new foods so might as well lol :haha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Isn't venison meat a tough piece to chew and swallow?

I'd prefer the American way, never had one, but cow head doesn't sound right. What is the hot sauce usually? Tabasco or just the brand's own produce?

L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
What is the shell made out of? Is it like a tortilla, or are those burritos? I haven't tried one of those either honestly, I definitely gotta though, my new year's resolution is to try new foods so might as well lol :haha:
Yes usually a yellow corn tortilla. You can get soft shell flour or corn tortilla for a burrito. Some people like to fry the soft shell corn tortilla to make a hard shell. That's great to.
Isn't venison meat a tough piece to chew and swallow?

I'd prefer the American way, never had one, but cow head doesn't sound right. What is the hot sauce usually? Tabasco or just the brand's own produce?
We just grind the venison with a meat grinder. It makes for a very lean crumble. The meat from the cow head is what they use it's a bit gelatinous but it has good flavor. Any hot sauce or salsa will work.
You can also use tortilla chips to make a taco salad which is great to. Just throw all the same ingredients in a bowl, add some ranch dressing if you want. Yum!

Last edited:
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
The tacos with battered and fried crispy fish. I like the American texmex standard tacos too.

Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I love tacos, but unfortunately in my part of the world, there is only Taco Bell (which doesn't sell real Mexican tacos) and two or three standalone restaurants that sell their own localised versions of tacos. I don't get authentic Mexican tacos here. ā˜¹ļø

Reactions: OrcWitch
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I love tacos, but unfortunately in my part of the world, there is only Taco Bell (which doesn't sell real Mexican tacos) and two or three standalone restaurants that sell their own localised versions of tacos. I don't get authentic Mexican tacos here. ā˜¹ļø
Any taco is a good taco is you ask me!

Reactions: Depressed Cat
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Love me a good taco. I'm pretty classic with my tastes though - your standard fare will do me fine.

Maybe next week we can have Titty Tuesday on SS. Too sexist? I was afraid of that. :ehh:

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Looooser
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Love me a good taco. I'm pretty classic with my tastes though - your standard fare will do me fine.

Maybe next week we can have Titty Tuesday on SS. Too sexist? I was afraid of that. :ehh:
It would be less sexist if you suggested "Penile Saturdays" as well to even things out. I'm disappointed in you, duck.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Looooser and Angst Filled Fuck Up
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022

That's Flash Friday

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Rogue Proxy and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
That's Flash Friday
I like it!

As for tacos, I make the filling out of steamed lentils (Melissa's Produce or Trader Joe's brand) mixed with roasted onions, roasted garlic, and a little tomato paste; and seasoned with chili powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, mushroom powder, ground coriander, oregano, black pepper, thyme, and bay leaf powder. I also bake the taco shells in the oven, and serve the tacos with a side of sweet potato puree mixed with cinnamon.

L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I like it!

As for tacos, I make the filling out of steamed lentils (Melissa's Produce or Trader Joe's brand) mixed with roasted onions, roasted garlic, and a little tomato paste; and seasoned with chili powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, mushroom powder, ground coriander, oregano, black pepper, thyme, and bay leaf powder. I also bake the taco shells in the oven, and serve the tacos with a side of sweet potato puree mixed with cinnamon.

Nice! Why not chopped mushrooms instead of powder. Don't think I've ever seen mushroom powder before.

gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
pulled pork, pico, cabbage, crema, oaxaca,

Reactions: Mixo
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Nice! Why not chopped mushrooms instead of powder. Don't think I've ever seen mushroom powder before.
I'm not too crazy about the texture of mushrooms. However, I've sampled porcini, shiitake, and portobello mushroom powders in some recipes with positive results. Mushroom powders are very useful for boosting the umami flavor to help give particular dishes a more meaty flavor. Plus, I love the flavor and texture of certain types of lentils, like petite French lentils, black beluga lentils, and brown lentils. The prepackaged steamed lentils I mentioned earlier have the right texture and flavor that's fairly close to crumbled ground beef.

Other than Amazon, there are a few sites where you can purchase culinary mushroom powders like porcini, shiitake, portobello, chanterelle, bolete, and maitake. Here are the sites: Spice Jungle, Oregon Mushrooms Co., New York Mushroom Co., and West Coast Wild Foods. Some natural grocery stores and tea & spice shops that sell bulk dried herbs and spices may carry culinary mushroom powders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mixo
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I
I'm not too crazy about the texture of mushrooms. However, I've sampled porcini, shiitake, and portobello mushroom powders in some recipe with positive results. Mushroom powders are very useful in boosting the umami flavor to help give certain recipes a more meaty flavor. Plus, I love the flavor and texture of certain types of lentils, like petite French lentils, black beluga lentils, and brown lentils. The prepackaged steamed lentils I mentioned earlier have the right texture and flavor that's fairly close to crumbled ground beef.

Other than Amazon, there are a few sites where you can purchase culinary mushroom powders like porcini, shiitake, portobello, chanterelle, bolete, and maitake. Here are the sites: Spice Jungle, Oregon Mushrooms Co., New York Mushroom Co., and West Coast Wild Foods. Some natural grocery stores and tea & spice shops that sell bulk dried herbs and spices may carry culinary mushroom powders.
I love mushrooms but I forget some people don't care for the texture. I think I'll try making this so I was curious about powder vs an actually mushroom. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Rogue Proxy