F

FadingAway

Jun 22, 2020
The tabooness of suicide makes everything harder on those we leave behind. Affairs can only partially be put in order. Many questions go unanswered. The messy scenes cause unnecessary trauma. The list is just never ending.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brink, Broken Chimera, Brackenshire and 4 others
K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
The tabooness of suicide makes everything harder on those we leave behind. Affairs can only partially be put in order. Many questions go unanswered. The messy scenes cause unnecessary trauma. The list is just never ending.

I'd prefer for my death to be as drama free as possible and for people to remember the positives about me and focus on the good memories, however few there were in my final decade of life. Maybe my death could be a means for the people I've known to contemplate things more and do some self reflection, maybe becoming better people in the process so my death wasn't totally in vain.

In reality though, there will just be a whole lot of screaming, finger pointing and bitterness all over. I hope my cats will be looked over at least and that my property won't be destroyed out of spite. Maybe my ashes could be poured over Niagra Falls, that could be nice too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd and Philosykos
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
In reality though, there will just be a whole lot of screaming, finger pointing and bitterness all over.

If it helps, that shit comes up no matter the cause of death.

Not speaking to you now, but speaking about what I think about in regards to this -- what I've witnessed and experienced. So please don't feel this is an attack, it's not at all! I'm just on a soapbox and venting some of my frustrated rationality that toxicity hates, and I've been hated. I've been scapegoated by toxic family members and was scapegoated for another's suicide, and in both cases I was cast out into the wilderness. And I'm strong in spite of and even because of it. So this comment is about me and reflects me, not you or your comment. You're comment shed light on it for me, and this space of this thread created a platform that I'm taking advantage of.

Toxicity comes to the surface when someone dies. I've seen it in both suicides and natural death. The order that kept all the toxic structures in place gets disturbed when an element of the structure is no longer there to support it. Those who are ready to grow out if it and stop supporting it get benefit while the rest are spewing and losing their shit and re-jockeying for position. Yes, suicide can provide more opportunities for finger pointing, screaming, and blaming, but damn, that shit needs to come up anyway; death puts pressure on the structures and because appropriate release valves were not allowed, things blow. Suicide specifically reveals there was toxic shit, and folks are going to either fight to reveal and disempower it (and to personally detox and grow out of and away from it), or fight to keep it in power. No matter the cause of death, it seems most people want to hold on to their support, even if it's utterly corrosive. They have power, and they want power, so they go against wills, they steal property, they knock down other family members who they think will somehow gain power, and their pettiness, greed, and delusions rise to the surface in full glory. The death of others reveals so much.

This thread allowed a healthy and safe pressure release valve for me. Thanks, @FadingAway, and thanks, @KibblesNBits for participating in a way that inspired me to let some of this shit go.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KibblesNBits and FadingAway
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
One of the reasons I'm contemplating ctb somewhere remote, without any identification—just die a "John Doe"—end up officially "missing" and be declared dead in absentia.

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I wish there was a legal place to end your life. Euthanasia.
Something sponsored by globalists like Bill Gates, who want to depopulate the planet.

Reactions: FadingAway
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I wish there was a legal place to end your life. Euthanasia.
Something sponsored by globalists like Bill Gates, who want to depopulate the planet.

My internal response to this, not to you...

It sucks when we have no other options but to rely on foxes to provide and guard henhouses. Globalists, governments, NGOs. It's all so much bullshit and all about having and increasing power, not about them creating opportunities for and means of empowerment, though presented in that guise.

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
My internal response to this, not to you...

It sucks when we have no other options but to rely on foxes to provide and guard henhouses. Globalists, governments, NGOs. It's all so much bullshit and all about having and increasing power, not about them creating opportunities for and means of empowerment, though presented in that guise.
I am sorry pall, I just realised that you must be something of a hypocrite, cunning, liar person if you want to raise to the top.
Of course there are good, honest people with talent but eventually you have to adapt to that altitude and go along to get along.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I am sorry pall, I just realised that you must be something of a hypocrite, cunning, liar person if you want to raise to the top.
Of course there are good, honest people with talent but eventually you have to adapt to that altitude and go along to get along.

Those who are good, honest, and have talent aren't usually allowed to rise to the top. It seems wordly success, or success in the world, almost always requires some capitulation and surrendering of values and self-respect. It is nothing new. The world has always been this way, it's just that the bullshit is delivered in new forms with every advance.