RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
In 2022 Switzerland implemented a new law that allows trans people to change their legal name and gender without any medical or bureaucratic steps. It's a rather simple process now that only requires a vist at the civil registry office and 75 bucks. This makes us one of the most progressive countries when it comes to the recognition of trans people's identity. It makes the life of trans people significantly easier. And if a conservative country like Switzerland can do that, I'm sure others will follow soon.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Sakura94, Circles and 16 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Lets hope other countries will "follow suit" just like the Swiss

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, allesistgut and RainAndSadness
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In 2022 Switzerland implemented a new law that allows trans people to change their legal name and gender without any medical or bureaucratic steps. It's a rather simple process now that only requires a vist at the civil registry office and 75 bucks. This makes us one of the most progressive countries when it comes to the recognition of trans people's identity. It makes the life of trans people significantly easier. And if a conservative country like Switzerland can do that, I'm sure others will follow soon.

I am glad about that. In Germany we will also get a liberal law for changing your gender and I welcome that. It is scandalous which questions had to be answered in order to change your gender in the past. Very humiliating for the people who wanted to change their gender identity.

There was a story of transgender-woman in a German news magazine. It was extremely heart-breaking. This woman could not cope anymore with all the humiliation she had to endure for being a trans-woman. (For example from strangers but also from bureaucrats,) Finally she self-immolated in the public street. Even after her suicide people made fun of her for being trans and shared pictures of her dead body. Unbelievabe disgusting jokes were made!
This story really shaped my opinion on this topic.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Seeking, Sunset Limited, Silenos and 2 others
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Trans affirming laws, legal, pure heroin for addicts and euthanasia? The Swiss have it figured out alright šŸ˜‚

Reactions: ShornSoloists, deleted, Sunset Limited and 4 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
We are ALL the same period. Discriminate against one is the same as doing it to everyone, NEVER!

Hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, no matter what.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, _Seeking, Crazy4u and 5 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019

Switzerland is a wonderful country. I live in a country where people see each other as rivals and kill for very simple reasons. I will die without experiencing what it is like to live in a peaceful country. Can Switzerland make me a citizen with a simple process? :smiling: Then I can die.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, allesistgut, whywere and 2 others