• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I had a careful look around for places to do a suspension hanging. There are plenty of points that would work in theory, but the risk of someone interrupting is too high. A drop is still pretty practical for me, so I've decided to use that instead. That way even if I'm somehow found instantly there is no way emergency services can reach me fast enough through the awkward woodland trails.

Anything I should be careful of about this? Got my drop height calculated and have a string enough rope.

Reactions: selfhater and VabeniPokojneTmy
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
In theory, this sounds great. Your neck breaks, you pass out, and that's the last thing you know or feel.

If I ever consider hanging, I'd definitely be looking at incorporating a drop.

The logistics of pulling this off seem like another puzzle entirely.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
In theory, this sounds great. Your neck breaks, you pass out, and that's the last thing you know or feel.

If I ever consider hanging, I'd definitely be looking at incorporating a drop.

The logistics of pulling this off seem like another puzzle entirely.
To my understanding there are only a few relatively simple considerations needed. Firstly the height. It's based on your weight; you'll find various heights online used by various organisations over time for hanging, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out (I weight 148 pounds and am using a little under 7ft drop height). Too low can result in a really painful suspension that doesn't break your neck. Too high might decapitate you, which may or may not matter depending on how much you care about what people find afterwards.

Then there is the rope. It should be a strong rope capable of holding the force needed to break your neck. I'm using a strong polymer one. It should also not stretch under weight when tested.

The knot is important. The exact kind used doesn't matter too much (either a simple noose or hangman's not will work) but you should make sure that when pulled up the knot comes to rest at a level on your neck that is below your jaw. You want the force applied to jerk your neck to the side and fracture your spine, so this is important.

Total death should happen within 10 minutes based on what I've read, so the chances of you being saved if you do it right are low.

Reactions: SpottedPanda
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
For some reason I can't help but remember the scene from The Omen

Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy
VabeniPokojneTmy

VabeniPokojneTmy

reMember
Jun 6, 2020
I was introduced to this method thanks to The Star Rover by Jack London. Until that time I thought death by hanging is always by suffocating. After reading that book I was looking for more info and I found some chart. You could calculate necessary lenght od the rope to break a one's neck, based on his height and weight. This chart was used for prison executions for a long time. I can try to look it up again, if you are interested, just to make you sure, that your calculations are correct.

edit: I think there is also a danger of decapitating yourself, if the rope it too long. That means you would live for a few seconds and would not die immediatelly.

Last edited:
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I was introduced to this method thanks to The Star Rover by Jack London. Until that time I thought death by hanging is always by suffocating. After reading that book I was looking for more info and I found some chart. You could calculate necessary lenght od the rope to break a one's neck, based on his height and weight. This chart was used for prison executions for a long time. I can try to look it up again, if you are interested, just to make you sure, that your calculations are correct.
It's okay, I already calculated the height needed for me so I should be okay. I check with several different sources and settled on a height of around 7ft.

Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I made a thread that went unnoticed on this site. I hope you read it and best of luck.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/long-drop-hanging-method.30677/

Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy, AnxietyAttack44 and Lastsauce
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Will give it a read, thanks for the info
I made a thread that went unnoticed on this site. I hope you read it and best of luck.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/long-drop-hanging-method.30677/
checked the thread. Seems very reliable tbh. A lot of people are concerned with the finer details here, but form what I understand it's the sudden change in momentum of your head and neck that snaps the spine, so a very specific rope diameter shouldn't be needed. I'm dropping from around 7 feet high, so I'm pretty confident that my neck will snap, if not be torn right off. Another real benefit is that you can't really be saved easily. Even if I'm somehow found after seconds nobody is going to be able to bring me medical assistance in the middle of some thick forest within 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: all_pointless