• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
"The Big Mac Index, created by The Economist in 1986, started out as a simple tool to make currency theory more digestible. Now, it's a widely-known measure in popular economics to assess and compare currency valuations.
In short, the Big Mac index compares the purchasing power parity (PPP) of currencies using the price of a Big Mac in the U.S. as the benchmark. It shows how much a Big Mac costs in various countries compared to the U.S., but it also works as a way to assess exchange rates."

IMG 3782

Reactions: NoPointOfReturning and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not sure, but I heard of this index long ago. Anyway, I neither consider McD food good nor valuable for everyday food. In respective countries, it might still be cheaper to cook healthy food at home every day instead of eating at McD's.

The country where I live isn't listed, but I'm pretty sure that for the avg. price of a McD meal, I can cook a healthy meal at home that lasts for several days.

• Love
Reactions: NoPointOfReturning, DarkRange55 and heavyeyes
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
It might be more expensive, but people who live in those regions seem to be overall doing pretty well, as far as I can tell. The economic disparity between it and other countries is pretty stark.

Reactions: NoPointOfReturning
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
As I understand it, Mc Donalds is actually more of a real estate company rather than a food outlet. The company itself is a landlord basically that gets its money (rent) from all the restarants that have to make their own money by selling its products. It's up to the individual restauraunts what they charge I suppose.

So, maybe the cost of the products they sell are dictated by the cost of land in each country. Plus, demmand I suppose. If the Swiss know they're going to sell less hamburgers, they'll need to charge more for them. That, or I suppose it could be regulations by governments maybe to try and get people to eat healthier. Are there taxes they can put on fast food?

Anyway, the McDonalds story is quite interesting. Have you seen the film: 'The Founder', 2016? Here's an article about the whole real estate theory:

Reactions: DarkRange55, NoPointOfReturning and Praestat_Mori
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
As I understand it, Mc Donalds is actually more of a real estate company rather than a food outlet. The company itself is a landlord basically that gets its money (rent) from all the restarants that have to make their own money by selling its products. It's up to the individual restauraunts what they charge I suppose.

So, maybe the cost of the products they sell are dictated by the cost of land in each country. Plus, demmand I suppose. If the Swiss know they're going to sell less hamburgers, they'll need to charge more for them. That, or I suppose it could be regulations by governments maybe to try and get people to eat healthier. Are there taxes they can put on fast food?

Anyway, the McDonalds story is quite interesting. Have you seen the film: 'The Founder', 2016? Here's an article about the whole real estate theory:

"It's worth noting that this measure is relatively simplistic and doesn't account for some factors like taxes, local production costs, and market barriers."

Franchised properties set their own prices because costs vary: labor, tax, rent, shipping, ect.

Yes! Some properties are mainly held for the land appreciation. Hotel owners are like CVS Pharmacy, Walgreen and McDonalds corporate owned land franchises, they will overpay for the prime land for a standout location and that is all that matters. Rent pays for the land operating costs and the land has to appreciate in areas of growth. The Money Multiplier has always worked when catastrophes don't get in the way.

According to McDonald's latest 10-K annual corporate report, McDonalds franchises most of their American properties (84%?). They make more money from the franchised locations than the corporate-owned stores. They also get to choose the location.
The company's goal is to have 95% of its restaurants owned and operated by franchisees, leaving only 5% for the company to run.

But yes, McDonald's first CFO came up with this strategy. My dad is neighbor's with the family of the founder (I think they mean Ray Crock and not the McDonalds brothers). The Wendy's co-founder's (Dave Thomas?) family also live right there.

Grinding It Out is a good book

Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's https://a.co/d/dhAxRI6

Nice little dividend, solid financials and gives international exposure. Not as growth oriented as something like Chipotle. Last time I looked roughly 50% of McDonalds sales are outside the U.S.

My friend bought into the franchise and has a couple properties.

Your scene

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and NoPointOfReturning