A

ASwissGuy99

Just a lonely wanderer, wandering aimlessly
Mar 16, 2023
Aparrently just quietly existing isn't enough for other people either. Just waiting for death is an affront to others.

They ask why don't you do something out of your life? Why aren't you happy?
Why are you on disability benefits and don't try to get away from them?

Why are you an introvert? Why are you sad?

Even if I explain them why, that i have chronic pain, chronic fatigue and autism as well as other issues, they don't seem to understand.

So even trying to exist is an affront, offensive to most.

You need to thrive. Being suicidal is not OK, but giving on life is neither they say.

I need to a fighter, I need to try to achieve as much as I can.
But I don't see a way to achieve more than surviving another day.

Why do we have to be visible happy all the time and super successful, and good looking, otherwise it's not OK either?

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingsoon99 and Forever Sleep
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
To be truthful, they themselves don't follow their own platitudes. After all, if they were in the same position they would never tell themselves that it's their fault for not fighting hard enough. There could never be anything so valuable about life that it's acceptable to treat others who want to die this way, I hope your disability doesn't cause too many more problems for you in the future.

Reactions: leavingsoon99 and blanket99
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People like that just sound really cruel and insensitive, there is already enough suffering in this world without people just making things worse and creating more problems.

Reactions: leavingsoon99
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Humans want to believe that there is some type of meaning or purpose to life. This is all we know. This is the 'end-all-be-all'. And humans fancy themselves as the pinnacle of existence and this experience as the 'main event'. There are so many mythical platitudes built around the existence of human life. So, for someone to look at all of THIS...

Money. Sex. Food. Technology. Conversation. Sports...

And say "no thanks" is not only unfathomable, but also scary. The idea that one could look at this 'precious gift' and want to return to sender is appalling to humans, particularly in western culture. False, predatory social graces dictate that everything SEEMS pleasant and in order. That's the insidiousness of the culture born from social media. The idea that all people be happy and pursuing their 'best lives' all the livelong. The delusion that we all have the same opportunities and should be out achieving something. If we're not, we're losers. At what? I don't know. But we lost. For some reason, humans think life is some sort of competition that must be won. What we win? Don't know. But, win we must. Appearing happy keeps up the appearance and delusion that life is actually worth living. That the human hasn't completely shit all over its own existence. I really hate that about life.