F

FrowningInsidd

Finished With Life | Tired
Dec 11, 2019
Countless times I have felt the urge to CTB when lying in bed staring up at the ceiling but every time I'm actually facing my peace, I feel like I can't control the instinct to pull away. After the whole event is over I feel worse and more hollow inside than ever. I just really hope I get hit by a truck or die in my sleep. I know all of you have probably heard this story before but it helps to get it out in writing. Thank you all for being here and making this community a moment of relief in my miserable existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: escapefromabuse, A_Poetic_Death, TimeToBiteTheDust and 5 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I definitely understand this feeling. It's a process for sure. No one wakes up one day and just decides to CTB. It's something that's been brewing inside for a long time.

This could mean you're not ready yet. As cruel as it sounds life has to chip away at you enough until you reach a certain point. For some that time comes quicker then others. For some it may never come at all.

Reactions: Klee_, escapefromabuse, lambgf and 3 others
C

CarefulWithThatAxe

Experienced
Nov 7, 2019
If SI didn't exist I would have been dead years ago.

• Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, FrowningInsidd and Brick In The Wall
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I definitely understand this feeling. It's a process for sure. No one wakes up one day and just decides to CTB. It's something that's been brewing inside for a long time.

This could mean you're not ready yet. As cruel as it sounds life has to chip away at you enough until you reach a certain point. For some that time comes quicker then others. For some it may never come at all.
You make it sound like one always CTB too late, when the suffering has reached a point when it has become unbearable. Oh no, well that reminds me of that quote. You always kill yourself too late.
I was really trying to avoid additional suffering by CTB. Isn't that what CTB is all about?

A_Poetic_Death

A_Poetic_Death

"Existence is pain."
Dec 19, 2019
How do you conquer it? I'm struggling with it right now.

WhyamIstillhere

WhyamIstillhere

Jan 27, 2020
How do you conquer it? I'm struggling with it right now.

You want it bad enough or you don't conquer it, there's no advice someone can give you to be in the state of mind that would allow you to do it. Really depends on your method though, something with a lot of time to second guess will be much harder to get over than a trigger. That being said, alcohol

Reactions: drake4871
A_Poetic_Death

A_Poetic_Death

"Existence is pain."
Dec 19, 2019
Method is to OD on benzos/ambien/alcohol.

drake4871

drake4871

The restless
Sep 10, 2019
Yup, if you really-really wanted to do it... it would've been done. That being said it's easier if you make the chance of death lesslikely, like Russian roulette