tea on clouds

tea on clouds

a boy who still lives
Jul 8, 2020
I never know who to trust, and I've always felt really lonely even when surrounded by "friends"; I never know who is truly there for me. So I came up with this question: imagine you met someone you really enjoy spending time with and for some magical reason you get the ability to see the future. But as you see the future you realise that in a few months you both will feel like strangers to each other and will never talk again.

So what I want to know from you guys is: would you still talk and have moments with this person for this little while you guys still enjoy talking to each other? Or would you see no point on keep trying?

I would particualarly see no point on this friendship and hollow emotions, because I would know all my effords would be in vain.

(english is not my first language, in case I had some mistakes or I made it hard to understand)

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Inferdan
Tereon

Tereon

Jul 22, 2020
I never know who to trust, and I've always felt really lonely even when surrounded by "friends"; I never know who is truly there for me. So I came up with this question: imagine you met someone you really enjoy spending time with and for some magical reason you get the ability to see the future. But as you see the future you realise that in a few months you both will feel like strangers to each other and will never talk again.

So what I want to know from you guys is: would you still talk and have moments with this person for this little while you guys still enjoy talking to each other? Or would you see no point on keep trying?

I would particualarly see no point on this friendship and hollow emotions, because I would know all my effords would be in vain.

(english is not my first language, in case I had some mistakes or I made it hard to understand)

Are you afraid of getting into a relationship because you don't want to be heartbroken, prescinded or betrayed? If that's the case, I understand you.

Well, it depends on the kind of person you are. I, particularly, from personal experience, would avoid that friendship.

Sorry for the mistakes. English isn't my first language.

M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
I'd rather cut it off sooner knowing the outcome. It would sting more if I had more good memories with them.

Yoffi

Yoffi

I can't dance, I want to dance
Aug 8, 2019
I'd still pursue a friendship with that person.
even if it was just for a moment, it's still a learning experience, and on the other hand, what's the alternative? everything will end at some point, so should I just lay on the couch all day, emotionally numb and crying myself to sleep because I have no friends, haven't done anything, and feel like an absolute waste of an existence?
I might be suicidal, but at least I'm doing something to make it at least a tiny bit more tolerable even if for just a moment.

oh fuck I hope I don't sound like a pro-life cunt

• Hugs
Reactions: Inferdan
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
At this point I just assume any friendship I make will end eventually. I'd probably want to just give up on it, but I'd also not know how to go about doing that, so it would likely end up like every other friendship I've had - eventually they just stop talking to me, no reason given, no warning. I honestly no longer want friends.

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
All things must come to an end, if I get something out of the friendship then why not? Its happened consistently to me anyways so losing them won't play much on my mind, especially if I know when it's gonna happen. I could make sure to make that last meeting a memorable one.

The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
I guess I would have still persued thiss friendship. Everyyone's gonnaa leave you in the endd so I would have cherished everyy moment I'd spend with him/her but yess I'd alsoo start to emotionallyy distance myself from this person so that it doesn't tears apart myy heart when he/she leaves. Dunnoo if thiss makess sense or not..but yeaa I guess I'd do thiss..

Reactions: Sinai Silence
2nd Zed

2nd Zed

Feb 2, 2020
I don't get what do you mean by "the ability to see the future". The future doesn't exist. There's only the past and the present

Answering your question, I would not participate in such a relationship. If a friendship is bound to fail, it was never a friendship in the first place

little froggie

little froggie

it's okay, i don't like me either </3
Jul 21, 2020
i'd still talk to the person.
i look back at the friendships i've had and i'm rly grateful for them. i'm the one who pushed them away, but i still appreciate them.
so many things in life are temporary, but that doesn't mean they're not worth experiencing. plus u can learn a lot from ppl, which is nice

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
this happens pretty often minus seeing the future thing. I'm pretty terrible at online communication so nothing ever lasts. it's still nice to have someone to talk to in the meantime.

I come across as more human in person. when I can read their face it makes it easier for me to know how to react, but it's been at least a year since I've come across someone in the real world I could call a friend even for a minute.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Though most friendships - certainly for me - don't last, I still think you should appreciate them whilst you have them, without having too high expectations.