WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Anyone else surrounded by friends (maybe just online friends) and family but still feel very alone inside? It's a weird feeling of not being relatable/relevant and always being overlooked.

I guess that's why some of us are here

• Hugs
Reactions: suffocatingseraphim, LittleBabyNothing, DetachedDreamer97 and 1 other person
strangeceleste

strangeceleste

Don’t believe everything you think
Mar 2, 2021
Yes, constantly. I don't feel like I fit in anywhere
Sending love

• Love
Reactions: WatermelonMel
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
It's in the very nature of being suicidal that we feel lonely even when surrounded by family and friends.

Reactions: WatermelonMel and DetachedDreamer97
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I'm surrounded but lots of people but none of them know I wanna ctb asap lol

Reactions: WatermelonMel and DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Yeah, even on here I do. Granted my social anxiety is partially what's stopping me from engaging or making friends. At the same time, I feel as though almost everyone dislikes me. So, I guess there really isn't much of a place for me in this world.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WatermelonMel, booray, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Never feel like I need friends or company in general, no. Just the tfw no gf for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
Every single day. Even with a support system if I had a reliable one, I never feel truly welcomed or wanted, but part of this is also finding some ease in isolation. Not having company to me means people will give up on me the farther I drift from them.

Being disconnected from people gives me space to experience my emotions without concern or intrusion from others.

Granted there's always a small part of me that does want friends, and does want to be loved, but that degree of recognition feels selfish and like too much to ask from anyone else. So I find comfort in the lonely.

Reactions: WatermelonMel
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
It's in the very nature of being suicidal that we feel lonely even when surrounded by family and friends.
That's true, I forgot to mention that it's like a burden we all carry and can't tell anyone in the real world about or risk being hospitalized and judged by family/friends.

Also same thing applies to mental illnesses and how very little people can relate, sometimes it feels like nobody on the planet will ever truly understand, even those with similar problems, humans are just too complex to understand.

• Love
Reactions: suffocatingseraphim
Everybody_yells

Everybody_yells

Jan 29, 2021
I can totally relate to that buddy. To be fair I am yet to figure out my solution to this wierd misfit sense of mine. But yeah, my life somewhat draws such a picture. I haven't got a lot, but real handful of friends. A loving sibling and even more loving and caring girlfriend. Yet I don't think my brain has found out how to produce dopamine, because nothing about life ever made real sense to me. I'm not sure how to phrase it, but... materialistic maybe? So pretty much most of the day goes numb for me!

It reminded me of that famous line from some poem I read as a kid:
"Water water everywhere, but not a single drop to drink"