D

dying_inside

Nov 18, 2023
Surely suicide is more than just one ending their own life, it's about taking control and being dominant in your own life which you never chose or agreed to live. However, I am curious how people think. How did you come around suicide and how do you perceive it? Do you believe it's positive? negative? Meaningless? I just want to hear everyone's thoughts!

Reactions: silentnights56, Twiceler and ijustwishtodie
razorblade

razorblade

Aug 21, 2023
Personally I view suicide as a negative I wish I didn't have these thoughts but there's nothing I can do, I don't agree really with suicide if you get me. am not really pro-death like am guessing most ppl r on here. Suicide is a tragedy it shouldn't really be supported but there's nothing I can do the reason sm really on here is because it's the only place ppl listen to me and I can have discussions without judgement

• Love
Reactions: dying_inside
D

dying_inside

Nov 18, 2023
Personally I view suicide as a negative I wish I didn't have these thoughts but there's nothing I can do, I don't agree really with suicide if you get me. am not really pro-death like am guessing most ppl r on here. Suicide is a tragedy it shouldn't really be supported but there's nothing I can do the reason sm really on here is because it's the only place ppl listen to me and I can have discussions without judgement
I know and understand it's unbelievably hard, as someone who experienced it myself and I overcame them all by myself. if you want help my email is ********I will offer the most help and will never dare judge you no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: razorblade
OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Posting your email address publicly isn't a very good idea. If you really need to share that, do it through DM

• Love
Reactions: livinginhellnation and neverwashere
neverwashere

neverwashere

Self sabotaging to cope with it all
Apr 25, 2023
I see suicide as a very nuanced thing that everyone percieves differently. In my opinion, its a tragedy. All death is. However, suicide is tragic in the sense that someone's life had gotten to the point where there was truly nothing left for them except death, but people they loved and/or people that loved them or even simply *knew* them see it as something strictly negative even if the person had suffered for a long time.
My own personal justification for suicide isn't taking control or being dominant in a life I never chose to live, its a mix of exhaustion from not fitting in anywhere and feeling insignificant, as well as crippling self hatred. In a way it's kinda like an experiment I'll never get to see the results of; when I'm gone, will I be missed? For how long? Will anyone even cry? If nobody notices/cares if I die, was I even alive to begin with?

Typing this out has made me come up another justification- if I can die, that means I am/was alive, which I feel like I have to prove to myself for some reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love
Reactions: dying_inside
D

dying_inside

Nov 18, 2023
Posting your email address publicly isn't a very good idea. If you really need to share that, do it through DM
Thank you! You do indeed have a point! But I specifically mentioned it so if anyone wants to reach out they could. I appreciate the thought though!

Reactions: livinginhellnation
neverwashere

neverwashere

Self sabotaging to cope with it all
Apr 25, 2023
Thank you! You do indeed have a point! But I specifically mentioned it so if anyone wants to reach out they could. I appreciate the thought though!
that's a mod, I'm pretty sure what they're trying to say is that you should take it down bc you could get in trouble. Also it is in the rules to not share personal information such as emails

• Yay!
Reactions: livinginhellnation and tiger b
OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
that's a mod, I'm pretty sure what they're trying to say is that you should take it down bc you could get in trouble. Also it is in the rules to not share personal information such as emails
That:)

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: tiger b and neverwashere
S

scattymessyhuman

Nov 5, 2023
Surely suicide is more than just one ending their own life, it's about taking control and being dominant in your own life which you never chose or agreed to live. However, I am curious how people think. How did you come around suicide and how do you perceive it? Do you believe it's positive? negative? Meaningless? I just want to hear everyone's thoughts!
It is an act of courage to not settle for an existence of misery.

• Love
Reactions: Rouge4000, neverwashere and Hollowman
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I do see suicide as a mean to an end, suicide is the last resort when everything doesn't work out anymore. Of course some people gonna view that as a bad and selfish thing to do cause that's what their parents or society told them since their childhood,the only way to get an unbiased view of sucide is to experience a certain amount of suffering so they can actually understand suicide. Some people view it as freedom, other view it as an escape and you go to hell for that (usually the one who said you go to hell for CTB were a religious person) but even so, i still think suicide is a legit way out, of course it's going to be tragic but what else can you do when you already exhaust all or the option in life?

NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
Personally, I see suicide as a doomed future for my life. It's the way out for when I inevitably fail in achieving my goals. It's the exit that constantly lingers in my mind. Suicidal thoughts started coming to me, when I realized that my life wasn't getting better and it wasn't going to get better. I wouldn't call suicide a 'positive,' since it reflects the despair and nothingness of existence. Suicide isn't meaningless, as it does leave an impact on those around you. Whether it's the people who discovered your corpse, anyone investigating your death, or loved ones, suicide has an impact. Suicide is unfortunately something that is deemed 'necessary' by so many, as an escape for the pains and horrors of life. For me, personally, it brings me peace to know that I do not have be trapped by existence.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see suicide as a positive thing as it's the prevention of all futile and unnecessary suffering in an existence that there was never a need for in the first place. No matter what I will always see it as preferable to not exist, as after all one cannot be harmed by not existing. There was nothing desirable about existence in the first place, I find it such a horrific tragedy how life even exists at all causing so much harm as a result.

I see wanting to die as the only rational response to the cruelty and futility of existing as after all there is no limit as to how torturous existing can get and I'd prefer to die on my own terms anyway.

I only see ceasing to exist as being ideal as then existence won't be my problem and I won't have to deal with it, only the thought of eternally ceasing to exist is all that comforts me. The only problem for me lies in how suicide is so cruelly made inaccessible, it's horrible how we cannot just die in peace despite the fact that existence itself is the true problem.

Reactions: sanlcx
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I see suicide as a positive thing as it's the prevention of all futile and unnecessary suffering in an existence that there was never a need for in the first place.
In my opinion, I see suicide as the cure and not the prevention. What prevention would be is not giving birth in the first place. As they say, prevention is better than the cure

Rouge4000

Rouge4000

Alone
Sep 27, 2023
I simply view it as a choice. It doesn't have to have meaning or be profound and change the world or whatever. It's a choice I simply am willling to make due to my circumstances. And I don't see anything wrong with it

K

katattack

Nov 6, 2023
In my opinion suicide is a choice that everyone should have. It is about self-determination. Something that in my opinion should be a right. It doesn't neccesarily need to be meaningful. It can, but also it cannot. There is many different reasons for why people chose suicide and I think that's okay.

L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
I do see suicide as a mean to an end, suicide is the last resort when everything doesn't work out anymore. Of course some people gonna view that as a bad and selfish thing to do cause that's what their parents or society told them since their childhood,the only way to get an unbiased view of sucide is to experience a certain amount of suffering so they can actually understand suicide. Some people view it as freedom, other view it as an escape and you go to hell for that (usually the one who said you go to hell for CTB were a religious person) but even so, i still think suicide is a legit way out, of course it's going to be tragic but what else can you do when you already exhaust all or the option in life?
Exhausting all options in life is very subjective.
But I guess it's "unnatural " to end your life prematurely. I think that's why mainstream is against it. We tend to live far longer than we did 10,000 years ago and this maybe the main reason why some of us want to ctb.

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceinNeverland
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Exhausting all options in life is very subjective.
But I guess it's "unnatural " to end your life prematurely. I think that's why mainstream is against it. We tend to live far longer than we did 10,000 years ago and this maybe the main reason why some of us want to ctb.
Agreed, mainstream media, religion and goverment always preach about the importance of keeping one live because life is "valuable". Thus, making a lot of people convinient when it came to prolonging one life, so when someone had this anti-mainstream idea about life and wanting to ctb, people will view it as a weird thing cause they're not train to see something from a diffrent perspective.

E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
Personally I view suicide as a negative I wish I didn't have these thoughts but there's nothing I can do, I don't agree really with suicide if you get me. am not really pro-death like am guessing most ppl r on here. Suicide is a tragedy it shouldn't really be supported but there's nothing I can do the reason sm really on here is because it's the only place ppl listen to me and I can have discussions without judg
What about those with terminal illness? They don't want to die but consider it the lesser of 2 evils

Last edited:
dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
I think that suicide is both a tragedy and not. There is suffering in life and (hopefully) none in death, but it's still tragic that some people never get to experience what it feels like to live a happy, fulfilling life where they don't want to leave it.