the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
I'm probably alone in this, but does anyone actually feel worse on sunny days? Like a reverse SAD?

I don't mind rain or snow or overcast. But there's something about the sun that makes me feel exposed and vulnerable. I wish it was different so I can go out and join friends but it takes so much effort for me to leave my house. I just wanna hide in my room and close all the curtains.

Reactions: Woodnote, Beautiful_Disgrace, Fragile and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm probably alone in this, but does anyone actually feel worse on sunny days? Like a reverse SAD?

I don't mind rain or snow or overcast. But there's something about the sun that makes me feel exposed and vulnerable. I wish it was different so I can go out and join friends but it takes so much effort for me to leave my house. I just wanna hide in my room and close all the curtains.
maybe you're a shy person? There are more people out, when the sun shines, so you feel more exposed? Or isn't that it?

the box is empty

the box is empty

Mar 8, 2020
maybe you're a shy person? There are more people out, when the sun shines, so you feel more exposed? Or isn't that it?

No, I don't think that's it. I can do crowds. I can go out at night. During the day overcast is fine. Just the sunshine makes me feel deflated.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I hesitate to ask the question for fear of causing offence...

Do you think you might be addicted to depression?

I sometimes don't want to go outside in the sun because it makes me remember what I've lost. I can feel more comfortable inside in the dark because I've then got an excuse to feel miserable and do nothing.

Feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong.:shy:

Reactions: the box is empty
Beautiful_Disgrace

Beautiful_Disgrace

Invisible shadow
Mar 8, 2020
I have lived in the sunshine state for years. It's always unbearably hot for 9 months out of the year. I have heat syncope as well. So I'm trapped inside all the time, unless I want to try my hand at not passing out or not suffering from heat exhaustion. Which is a shame because I don't like being inside all day.

Maybe you're just a night person. Is it really the sun that's depressing you, or are you just depressed?

ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
I don't like sunny days! I like feeling safe and hidden, so when it's cloudy it's easier for me to go out. I don't like bright lights inside places either, I feel to vulnerable and exposed.

• Love
the box is empty

the box is empty

Mar 8, 2020
Do you think you might be addicted to depression?
No offence taken!

I could be. I'm either always buzzing high or meloncholic (or worse). I rarely get "netural" days. It does remind me of childhood when I was okay with the sun and slightly less miserable. I like going out with friends and such it's just I prefer not in the direct sunlight. I'm not paralyzed by it or anything. If I had to I would leave my house in sunlight, I prefer not. It's something about the sun glares down at me that just feels... accusatory... for lack of a better word.

Maybe you're just a night person. Is it really the sun that's depressing you, or are you just depressed?
I'm not a night owl per se. For the longest time I took medications and started forcing myself to sleep at "appropriate" times. I don't have issue waking up in the morning. I don't feel horrible or groggy. It's the sunlight that bothers me. Especially towards the evening since my windows face the west. It could be my mood. But I wonder if the sun triggers my mood.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautiful_Disgrace
Beautiful_Disgrace

Beautiful_Disgrace

Invisible shadow
Mar 8, 2020
I'm not a night owl per se. For the longest time I took medications and started forcing myself to sleep at "appropriate" times. I don't have issue waking up in the morning. I don't feel horrible or groggy. It's the sunlight that bothers me. Especially towards the evening since my windows face the west. It could be my mood. But I wonder if the sun triggers my mood.
Maybe your half vampire then. :wink:

But seriously, I suggest investing in some black out curtains. Those are the best for keeping pesky sunlight out.

C

Cjaf

Mar 8, 2020
A girl in my therapy group hated sunny days because it made her feel like she had to go outside, be productive and social. She could use cold and rainy days as an excuse/valid reason to stay inside all day.

the box is empty

the box is empty

Mar 8, 2020
A girl in my therapy group hated sunny days because it made her feel like she had to go outside, be productive and social. She could use cold and rainy days as an excuse/valid reason to stay inside all day.

I'm kind of introverted but people think I'm anti social because of it. Do people in your therapy group think she's anti social?

C

Cjaf

Mar 8, 2020
No she is quite social and outgoing. It's just that the good weather makes her feel like she must do something, go outside and enjoy the weather. Coming from a country where it usually rains, doesn't help.
Some days you just want to stay inside, alone and be lazy. Whether it's because of depression or an empty social battery. Or any other reason. Doing that feels more like a waste of the day when it's sunny.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I could be. I'm either always buzzing high or meloncholic (or worse). I rarely get "neutral" days.
Could you be bipolar? I've no experience of the condition save for knowing people on here, so I really don't know what I'm talking about, A lot on here do though. I've no idea if the light aversion is a characteristic of bipolar.

the box is empty

the box is empty

Mar 8, 2020
Could you be bipolar? I've no experience of the condition save for knowing people on here, so I really don't know what I'm talking about, A lot on here do though. I've no idea if the light aversion is a characteristic of bipolar.

yeah I was diagnosed a couple of years ago. light aversion can be a symptom of depression from my understanding and depression is a symptom of bipolar disorder

sunlight itself is triggering for me. I just wish I knew of a better coping method other than hiding from it

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465