• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

Eleanor

Apr 15, 2020
I'm looking for a helium tank for the inert gas method. Would this one be okay? I would buy two of them, as described in the book Dignified Dying:

Size tank: 13 liters
Quality: 99.99% pure helium
Amount of helium: 0.40m3 gas / 512.9 liters helium
Weight: 4.24 kilograms
Size: 25 x 25 x 38cm

I hope there's someone here who can help me with this. Thanks for reading and I hope you are doing at least reasonably well.

đź–¤

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i think you're better off going with nitrogen. i heard it's hard to get helium that pure anymore.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
The purity is ok. But the size depends on the inert gas method: SCUBA, SCBA, EEBG hood, exit bag.

E

Eleanor

Apr 15, 2020
i think you're better off going with nitrogen. i heard it's hard to get helium that pure anymore.
I can just order a helium tank with 99 to 99.99% purity. They are not hard to find where I live.
The purity is ok. But the size depends on the inert gas method: SCUBA, SCBA, EEBG hood, exit bag.

I'm using an exit bag. Do you think it would be enough to have 800-1000 liters helium?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Better ask this question here:

Reactions: Eleanor and F&Inside
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
At 15 LPM that would be 34 minutes.

AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
Helium is too light and expensive to be worth using, it will likely escape and/or just float up to the top of whatever "chamber" is being used.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
"chamber"
The "chambers" are: SCUBA, SCBA, EEBD hood, exit bag, Rebreather. Please use the search function and inform yourself before you write wrong information.

E

Eleanor

Apr 15, 2020
Helium is too light and expensive to be worth using, it will likely escape and/or just float up to the top of whatever "chamber" is being used

How do mean it will likely escape or float to the top? Helium is listed as a succesful method in both the book I've read and the PPH.

How much do you think it would cost to buy enough helium? I calculated it would cost me around €100 - €120 to buy around 1000 liters helium, but I'm not sure whether the tanks I've looked up are the correct ones.

AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
How do mean it will likely escape or float to the top? Helium is listed as a succesful method in both the book I've read and the PPH.

How much do you think it would cost to buy enough helium? I calculated it would cost me around €100 - €120 to buy around 1000 liters helium, but I'm not sure whether the tanks I've looked up are the correct ones.
Helium is a fairly light element and if not enough is used or if it isn't sealed enough it can easily escape, hence why nitrogen, a gas with the same density as air, is much more usable.
The "chambers" are: SCUBA, SCBA, EEBD hood, exit bag, Rebreather. Please use the search function and inform yourself before you write wrong information.
Used "chambers" (in quotes) to refenence any hardware used, not a real chamber.

D

depressedteddybear

Jul 30, 2023
I'm looking for a helium tank for the inert gas method. Would this one be okay? I would buy two of them, as described in the book Dignified Dying:

Size tank: 13 liters
Quality: 99.99% pure helium
Amount of helium: 0.40m3 gas / 512.9 liters helium
Weight: 4.24 kilograms
Size: 25 x 25 x 38cm

I hope there's someone here who can help me with this. Thanks for reading and I hope you are doing at least reasonably well.

đź–¤
Use nitrogen or argon u can get extremely pure argon at any welding supply store without raising suspension just tell them u just got a tig machine and need a bottle

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Helium is too light and expensive to be worth using
Helium was used for decades for CTBing with the ExitBag, it's an amazing gas for the bag because it has a huge weight difference with COâ‚‚. It has indeed become expensive because the supply is dwindling since it cannot be manufactured.​

just float up to the top of whatever "chamber" is being used
That's really good because the COâ‚‚ gets pushed downwards and purged.

hence why nitrogen, a gas with the same density as air, is much more usable.
The main reason why Nitrogen is the most common CTB gas nowadays is because the Balloon Helium tanks are mixed with Air these days, not due to some supposed better performance of Nitrogen for CTBing. For demand valve setups (SCUBA/SCBA) Nitrogen is usually the way to go since those valves are mostly used with Air which has virtually the same weight.​

if it isn't sealed enough it can easily escape
In an ExitBag gas is always escaping for COâ‚‚ purging.

Use nitrogen or argon u can get extremely pure argon at any welding supply store without raising suspension just tell them u just got a tig machine and need a bottle
Nitrogen and Helium are better than Argon for CTB purposes due to their higher weight difference with COâ‚‚ (better COâ‚‚ purging performance), that's why Argon is the least used gas for CTBing (even tho is the most available of all of the inert gases).​

Reactions: JMarley, byebyemadworld, ztem and 1 other person
E

Eleanor

Apr 15, 2020
Helium is a fairly light element and if not enough is used or if it isn't sealed enough it can easily escape, hence why nitrogen, a gas with the same density as air, is much more usable.

Used "chambers" (in quotes) to refenence any hardware used, not a real chamber.

Honestly, if anything, I've become more confused. I'm following an approved method and follow every step, I'm just not sure about which helium tanks to buy. You're making it sound like I will likely fail when I use helium...

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
If I had to build a setup from scratch on EU I'd go for a 5L 200bar Nitrogen cylinder from GD, Nitrogen regulator with integrated flow meter from GD, Rescue hood with a breathing air plug (there are 2 models with this and 1.5m hose), and connect the hood to the regulator using a breathing air coupler.

Rescue hoods are different from EEBD hoods, they are a type of hood that comes with a longer hose with a plug that can be connected directly to a breathing air coupler, so you can put together a completely plug-and-play setup by getting the proper coupler for your regulator.​

Last edited:
Reactions: almostovernow, Das Nichts, ztem and 1 other person
AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
Honestly, if anything, I've become more confused. I'm following an approved method and follow every step, I'm just not sure about which helium tanks to buy. You're making it sound like I will likely fail when I use helium...
Helium can work it's just harder and more finicky than other, heavier gasses. With the right preparation it can still work.

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: befree and GasMonkey
E

Eleanor

Apr 15, 2020
I appreciatie the responses, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm only asking whether there's someone here who happens to know whether the helium tank I described contains enough helium for this method to be succesful.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
At 15 LPM yeah, it's enough.
512.9L / 15LPM = 34 minutes.

Reactions: Eleanor
I

imrantahir1208

Oct 22, 2023
Without hopefully giving out too much information please google the following: 226-CXG-20UZ87. Is this good enough to ctb?

F

ftm68_99

May 4, 2023
If I had to build a setup from scratch on EU I'd go for a 5L 200bar Nitrogen cylinder from GD, Nitrogen regulator with integrated flow meter from GD, Rescue hood with a breathing air plug (there are 2 models with this and 1.5m hose), and connect the hood to the regulator using a breathing air coupler.

Rescue hoods are different from EEBD hoods, they are a type of hood that comes with a longer hose with a plug that can be connected directly to a breathing air coupler, so you can put together a completely plug-and-play setup by getting the proper coupler for your regulator.​
What is GD? Thanks.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
What is GD? Thanks.
I was looking into potentially using inert gas, and I was looking at the megathread. That poster, @GasMonkey probably ctb, because I came across a post of theirs from the summer saying he was planning to leave soon. So, I think they're no longer around. They haven't posted on that megathread since the summer.

They were using the initials of where to potentially buy stuff, as you're not allowed put up links here.
I'm guessing it's the place that's mentioned in the inert gas chapter in the Peaceful Pill handbook. You can download the PPeH Essentials from the Resources section:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pph-essentials-2022.107973/

I'll upload the inert gas chapter from it below, if you want to just download that chapter.

Attachments

• Inert gas PPeH.pdf
    12 MB · Views: 0
F

ftm68_99

May 4, 2023
I was looking into potentially using inert gas, and I was looking at the megathread. That poster, @GasMonkey probably ctb, because I came across a post of theirs from the summer saying he was planning to leave soon. So, I think they're no longer around. They haven't posted on that megathread since the summer.

They were using the initials of where to potentially buy stuff, as you're not allowed put up links here.
I'm guessing it's the place that's mentioned in the inert gas chapter in the Peaceful Pill handbook. You can download the PPeH Essentials from the Resources section:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pph-essentials-2022.107973/

I'll upload the inert gas chapter from it below, if you want to just download that chapter.
Thanks so much for your generous and informative reply, Tears in Rain. Much appreciated! :)

Reactions: Tears in Rain
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024

Anyone know what Rescue Hood he might be referring to here?