KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
ive made similar posts before, but its such an important topic to me, as workers or schoolmates basically sum up the general public (if you know what i mean?).

when i was in 7th grade, a kid killed himself by hanging with a computer cord. those real thick ones that youd plug into a fat apple computer. he was abused by his parents, and i think it was just a rumor but he was also autistic? i dont know how true it is.

the next day, there were jokes FLYING. shit like "piñata", "ornament", and "he shouldve done a flip" (even though it was a hanging)

he was only 13. zero compassion.

the school had some shitty no bullying and see something say something (which is ironically now for school shootings) assembly which everyone was on their phones or chatting. i admit i was reading. but the fact that the school didnt really do anything bothers me. nothing was done. his parents werent checked, and if they were, they got off free. no punishment to his bullies. nothing. in almost a week, no one cared and moved on to the fact that sour gummy worms at the school store was removed.

most of these kids graduated, and are becoming doctors/nurses, lawyers, engineers...... it disgusts me.

thats all.

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, iDieUDie80, Deleted member 17331 and 21 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
So basically... They moved on like it was nothing... Christ almighty!
Yeah, disturbing and disgusting. Thank you for sharing this post and story with us.
It just proves some points on society out there and what monsters get to live the good life thanks to the death of others.
Oh wow, the flip joke! My God, they are so original, I could write a novel on that.
How about my foot does a flip... Towards that person's face, the one saying that... Freaking ignorant bastards.
Sorry for the rant!

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Meditation guide, Deleted member 17331 and 9 others
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
It doesn't matter what people say, after the person died.

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
It is a really horrible story, without empathy, if I had been his partner I would feel guilty.

Reactions: KiraComplex and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
ive made similar posts before, but its such an important topic to me, as workers or schoolmates basically sum up the general public (if you know what i mean?).

when i was in 7th grade, a kid killed himself by hanging with a computer cord. those real thick ones that youd plug into a fat apple computer. he was abused by his parents, and i think it was just a rumor but he was also autistic? i dont know how true it is.

the next day, there were jokes FLYING. shit like "piñata", "ornament", and "he shouldve done a flip" (even though it was a hanging)

the school had some shitty no bullying and see something say something (which is ironically now for school shootings) assembly which everyone was on their phones or chatting. i admit i was reading. but the fact that the school didnt really do anything bothers me. nothing was done. his parents werent checked, and if they were, they got off free. no punishment to his bullies. nothing. in almost a week, no one cared and moved on to the fact that sour gummy worms at the school store was removed.

most of these kids graduated, and are becoming doctors/nurses, lawyers, engineers...... it disgusts me.

thats all.
The only reason I can see to make a joke like that is if it's to relieve the tension or whatever, even then......it's on the line so probably best to not say it, just think it. It's just shitty life unfortunately, people move on and it further confirms my theory that no-one will really miss me if I ctb, apart from family and close friends (which I don't have).

I think these people will remember that incident, but it won't impact them. We really are just animals.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Saed, Sinai Silence and 1 other person
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Kids can be heartless at the best of times but those kind of comments are terrible. They should be reminded about what they said all those years ago, I bet they would feel differently today. Why the school faculty didn't do more I will never understand, that really gets to me. People should be able to mourn and the students that make those comments should've been held accountable.

My chemistry teacher back in high school set himself on fire in his car in the car park; the lack of compassion from the school really got to me. It was like we were meant to forget he ever existed. We had a minutes silence for him in assembly and that was it. One minute for however many years of pain and turmoil him and his family faced and are still facing.

His wife worked at another school close by to mine and my friends there said she was never the same when she came back. Meanwhile there were people making jokes about him and the most they got if they were caught saying it was a detention.

Chemistry was my favorite subject in school and he made me love the subject more than I already did.

After his death his name was washed away but the cracks in the concrete are most likely still here to this day.

People are trash.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deleted member 17331, everydayiloveyou and 5 others
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
When I was in high school some girl who went to the same school as me killed herself and nobody really gave a shit. A couple of years later a boy from the same school died in a vehicle incident and people raised thousands of dollars for his family and there was a big funeral for him and a lot of people posted tributes

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, iDieUDie80, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I've seen a lot of threads on reddit about this.

But the impression I got from those stories was that people moved on quickly.

• Aww..
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deleted member 17331, Deleted member 19276 and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Hard reality ngl. Aside from my close family nobody is going to care when I kill myself, and the same is true for many people, especially those who aren't very social. People really do move on within a week.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide, Deleted member 17331, everydayiloveyou and 2 others
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
It doesn't matter what people say, after the person died.
lmao get banned.
When I was in high school some girl who went to the same school as me killed herself and nobody really gave a shit. A couple of years later a boy from the same school died in a vehicle incident and people raised thousands of dollars for his family and there was a big funeral for him and a lot of people posted tributes
sick but sad reality
Hard reality ngl. Aside from my close family nobody is going to care when I kill myself, and the same is true for many people, especially those who aren't very social. People really do move on within a week.
honestly.....
i want people to know me and be sad over me but at the same time i want to be thought of as "that one dude who died or something" and never remember about me again.
struggles of a recovering narcissist lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deleted member 17331 and Azzy69
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
lmao get banned.

sick but sad reality

honestly.....
i want people to know me and be sad over me but at the same time i want to be thought of as "that one dude who died or something" and never remember about me again.
struggles of a recovering narcissist lol.
I want people to be sad tbh, I want to be someone worth talking about and for people to actually feel like something is missing when I die. There's nothing noble for me about dying as a forgotten loser. It's frustrating that I really mean nothing but can't change it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Meaninglesslife50, Deleted member 17331 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
I want people to be sad tbh, I want to be someone worth talking about and for people to actually feel like something is missing when I die. There's nothing noble for me about dying as a forgotten loser. It's frustrating that I really mean nothing but can't change it.
I kinda do too. Not sad but learn something, anything from it. Unfortunately I won't have anything to say so I'm sure a picture will be painted of why no one is at fault, but I secretly want them to know why. Like really why, but I've written notes before that have been found so even that will be written off as an emotional outburst.

• Love
Reactions: KiraComplex
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
There's a harsh reality that all of us suicidal people must face. The public views suicides with scorn no matter what they say. A suicidal person is viewed as a quitter and a coward. Never forget this.

As you ctb, accept that this will be the aftermath. The majority who remember will view you with scorn, the minority (family members) will resent you. Most will eventually forget you or move on. Make peace with this. After all, you won't know or care, right?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, InterstateFlowers, Brick In The Wall and 4 others
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
A 7th in my school offed himself over a dump when I was in 8th grade. I thought - didn't say - "must have been a hell of a piece of ass." I like to think I'm a pretty emphatic person. Maybe young teens are just jerks?
I'm not so sure about the word most. Heck, if we consider me worthy of karma, here I am on SS on short final for the end.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There's a harsh reality that all of us suicidal people must face. The public views suicides with scorn no matter what they say. A suicidal person is viewed as a quitter and a coward. Never forget this.

As you ctb, accept that this will be the aftermath. The majority who remember will view you with scorn, the minority (family members) will resent you. Most will eventually forget you or move on. Make peace with this. After all, you won't know or care, right?
You couldn't have said it better. Basically the exact same thing I was gona say.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020

I generally don't use the word "bro" but a bro of mine caught the bus 12 years ago from a very small marijuana charge. Shot himself same day of the arrest. There was a big funeral for him on his college's campus, but ultimately all of his friends seem to have moved on in the way you described.

I'm not trying to claim any special credit for remembering (bro), because I generally hold onto things. Still, I do miss him: he was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, CarbonMonoxide and Eternity04
Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
I think this happens at every age, I failed a attempt when I was 26 I worked with the police alot and they had a question and called me on my day off, when I didn't answer they knocked on my door and ended up doing a "welfare check" found me laying in bed and barely got me to the hospital in time. For the next 4 months all I heard were jokes and insincere apologies up until I finally just left the area. People I considered friends didn't actually care about the cause, just didn't want to be associated with the pyscho.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deleted member 17331, KiraComplex and 1 other person
DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Aug 2, 2020
Well, I'd argue that the true suicide is about your own death, not other people, so the perspective of the post author is a bit foreign to me. One catches the bus to escape the pain and vanity of life, which includes not having to care what others think anymore.

Concerning The jokes, I am actually of an opposite opinion to the commentators above. I think that's a healthy way to deal with something bad. If you are being all solemn and sad and keep reminding yourself and everyone about it, it makes things worse not better. You prolong the pain and stygmatize the event.

For example, In Russia there are tons of jokes about the ww2, which took tens of millions of Russians, yet we joke about it the most. There are even jokes about concentration camps. I guess you either laugh at it or you cry...

Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and Eternity04
Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
Well, I'd argue that the true suicide is about your own death, not other people, so the perspective of the post author is a bit foreign to me. One catches the bus to escape the pain and vanity of life, which includes not having to care what others think anymore.

Concerning The jokes, I am actually of an opposite opinion to the commentators above. I think that's a healthy way to deal with something bad. If you are being all solemn and sad and keep reminding yourself and everyone about it, it makes things worse not better. You prolong the pain and stygmatize the event.

For example, In Russia there are tons of jokes about the ww2, which took tens of millions of Russians, yet we joke about it the most. There are even jokes about concentration camps. I guess you either laugh at it or you cry...
I agree humor can be helpful but when it's completely tactless and harmful to recovery it's probably better kept to yourself. WW2 was relatively along time ago, I'm sure noone was making jokes in 1945 about it.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Deleted member 17331
DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Aug 2, 2020
I agree humor can be helpful but when it's completely tactless and harmful to recovery it's probably better kept to yourself. WW2 was relatively along time ago, I'm sure noone was making jokes in 1945 about it.

Oh no, from what my grandparents were telling me they were joking about it during and after the war....

Anyway, the key takeaway from the authors story is that no one except for you yourself cares about your life. And death. Neurophysiology and common sense.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Glaski
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Or it could be a symptom of being in a violently oppressed society, which subversively reinforces the oppressors' power. There's humor that protects from and disempowers darkness and evil, and then there's humor that degrades and defiles victims as well as those who are laughing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deleted member 17331, Eternity04 and 3 others
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019

thats all.
How long ago were you in the 7th grade? I doubt much has changed since. Shall I assume you are in the USA? If so unfortunately welcome to the new America.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
That's how it is. Recently some of my coworkers were super ill with the corona, and the coworkers who didn't fall ill were making jokes about them. Things like "make sure you clean her stuff extra good!" and such. In general, people don't feel anything about the deaths or suffering of others unless it's someone they know intimately.

I think to ctb with the hope that people will talk fondly about you and not make fun of you is very short-sighted. People even make fun of Van Gogh and Robin Williams, and they were legendary talents. It's a choice you should make for yourself only. Even your family members may resent your decision and feel badly about it. You cant predict or control how people will react to your death. In any case the response will be negative in some way, especially so if the death is by suicide.

I know if I ctb without quitting my job, those sort of jokes would definitely fly around. It's best to do these things privately. The less people that immediately know and can be directly impacted by it, the less people that can make jokes and snide comments about your death. Eventually itll just be a blib that comes up whenever youre mentioned. And the world will just keep on spinning.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, KiraComplex and Eternity04
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
How long ago were you in the 7th grade? I doubt much has changed since. Shall I assume you are in the USA? If so unfortunately welcome to the new America.
this was a few years back i honestly cant remember the year. its been awhile

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Was the boy who died in the accident more popular in school than the girl who took her life?

One would think that a suicide would have the bigger impact.

Last edited: