ReflectionOfTrauma

ReflectionOfTrauma

Were we born only to die?
Feb 23, 2021
Hello,
how would you describe an act of suicide to someone as young as 13? I know I can't leave my younger sister without saying a proper goodbye, but I feel like "I love you" won't cut it.

I want her to know I'm finding peace with myself, not choosing to leave her.

I'm thinking about saying something between the lines:
"I know the world is a wild and a dangerous place, but finding your true passions and people that you love makes it a little easier. You will laugh, smile and cry million different times and that's okay. It's what makes us humans after all. Do you remember a book "Little Prince"? With him, you may feel lonely but never alone. Just look at the sky with me."

The little prince is gonna be me, of course, but I can't say it directly. What do you think?

• Love
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, voltage268 and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's a beautiful reference and a lovely thing to say to her. That book made me cry so much!

What a nightmare though. That's got to be so hard to sort of have dependents you didn't create. I just don't know what you'd say to make it easier. Maybe recount some of the good times you had with her? It might be painful at the time for her but it would show how much you thought of her and loved her. I guess I want to tell people that their love and support was special to me but ultimately, life itself was just too much to handle.

• Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma
ReflectionOfTrauma

ReflectionOfTrauma

Feb 23, 2021
Thank you for your kind message, recollecting good times is definitely a good idea ❤️ Or I may also create an album with our old photos, that would be a lovely memorial.

I'm sorry you can relate, I think the most important part is making sure they will never blame themselves. Writing about the reasoning, how your actions, however difficult and saddening, were a necessary end to the suffering in your heart.

I wish you well and here is my favorite quote from The Little Prince:
"Here is my secret. It is very simple: Only with the heart can one see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

All love

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AllTheseQuestions and Forever Sleep
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
13 is more than old enough to understand. Don't patronise them.

Reactions: 1monthwait
V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
Oof what a tough predicament... Lovely sentiment you expressed, would it be worth mentioning that unfortunately when you're older you might understand a bit more, you're at peace after much suffering? I would think to stress the peace which you have. A way is to think in their position, what could be at least of some comfort for you to hear, had it been your older sibling. For me maybe knowing that there was no other option and now you're at peace. You've gone away for now but you'll see them again after they've lived a long good life, that they can talk to you and you'll be listening. You're sorry and it's not their fault, but the pain made things too difficult. This might be a lot for 13 but maybe some more words could be released at a later age by a trusted guardian. Album sounds lovely as well.

Wish you didn't have the pain to consider this. I have a younger (adult) sister and she's kept me here.

• Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma
ReflectionOfTrauma

ReflectionOfTrauma

Feb 23, 2021
Oof what a tough predicament... Lovely sentiment you expressed, would it be worth mentioning that unfortunately when you're older you might understand a bit more, you're at peace after much suffering? I would think to stress the peace which you have. A way is to think in their position, what could be at least of some comfort for you to hear, had it been your older sibling. For me maybe knowing that there was no other option and now you're at peace. You've gone away for now but you'll see them again after they've lived a long good life, that they can talk to you and you'll be listening. You're sorry and it's not their fault, but the pain made things too difficult. This might be a lot for 13 but maybe some more words could be released at a later age by a trusted guardian. Album sounds lovely as well.

Wish you didn't have the pain to consider this. I have a younger (adult) sister and she's kept me here.
Thank you for your kind words, I will try to walk in her shoes when we'll be talking... Hope it all goes well.

I hope you have lovely relationship with your sister as well❤️

• Love
Reactions: voltage268
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Thank you for your kind message, recollecting good times is definitely a good idea ❤️ Or I may also create an album with our old photos, that would be a lovely memorial.

I'm sorry you can relate, I think the most important part is making sure they will never blame themselves. Writing about the reasoning, how your actions, however difficult and saddening, were a necessary end to the suffering in your heart.

I wish you well and here is my favorite quote from The Little Prince:
"Here is my secret. It is very simple: Only with the heart can one see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

All love

A photo album sounds like a lovely idea.