Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Internal thought dump:

I'm seeing a lot of threads appraising suicide as "good" and a lot of pro-lifers appraising it as "bad". I think it's a bit of a moot point.

There's no good or bad in the absence of reason. In death there is no "I" left to reason.

It is just less painful than the current existence. Less painful can be appraised as good or bad if one wishes. I prefer to leave it neutral and just call it for what it is.

I'm a material realist though. I don't really believe in good or bad beyond utilitarian functionalism within society (e.g., rehabilitation, compensation for loss, harm reduction). In dying we kind of transcend this utility as there is no "I" left to be compensated; no harm to be prevented once we are dead.

Death is the ultimate transcendence of good and evil. It is only via the aesthetic projection of values by those still alive that death demands meaning.

"When I am, death is not, and when death is, I am not" -Epicurus

Thus, death cannot be a part of us; only the idea of dying ever will be.

Just as such, it is not right or wrong to ctb. Nobody should have to feel shame or guilt, and everyone should have the right to equal, informed, person-centered access to resources for either recovery OR ctb.

Wishing you all well in living or dying,
-Rhizo

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Kawaii_Shoujo215, deathxo and 2 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Suicide and murder are works of man (unlike natural death)... everything that is done by man must be good or bad... whether it is good or bad depends on the point of view. view.

plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
Oh I prefer not judging it too much, death. It's like a trip to somewhere knowing I'll not return any time soon. Seems just enjoyable to me.

Reactions: edu0z
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Death is good for me as then existence won't be my problem anymore and I won't have to deal with it. The eternal release from all unnecessary suffering is all that's desirable to me, the thought of no longer existing comforts me so much. The fact that death is nothing more than the absence of everything is exactly why I see it as so good.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Internal thought dump:

I'm seeing a lot of threads appraising suicide as "good" and a lot of pro-lifers appraising it as "bad". I think it's a bit of a moot point.

There's no good or bad in the absence of reason. In death there is no "I" left to reason.

It is just less painful than the current existence. Less painful can be appraised as good or bad if one wishes. I prefer to leave it neutral and just call it for what it is.

I'm a material realist though. I don't really believe in good or bad beyond utilitarian functionalism within society (e.g., rehabilitation, compensation for loss, harm reduction). In dying we kind of transcend this utility as there is no "I" left to be compensated; no harm to be prevented once we are dead.

Death is the ultimate transcendence of good and evil. It is only via the aesthetic projection of values by those still alive that death demands meaning.

"When I am, death is not, and when death is, I am not" -Epicurus

Thus, death cannot be a part of us; only the idea of dying ever will be.

Just as such, it is not right or wrong to ctb. Nobody should have to feel shame or guilt, and everyone should have the right to equal, informed, person-centered access to resources for either recovery OR ctb.

Wishing you all well in living or dying,
-Rhizo
The only thing good to me is avoiding my pain and my suffering especially the extreme unbearable pain and solving my problems. My suicide and my death will do that so it is good to me . It's the only good or rational thing to me because it's the only thing that will solve all my problems and prevent all my pain and suffering and get me from out of the threat of extreme torture.

Sure I do other crap like work groceries chores and eat not because I Want to but because I have to avoid the pain of starvation and the cold outside etc . But if I kill myself then I won't have to do all that work and chores which is suffering also for no purpose other than to avoid hunger and other pain. I also do other useless things like watch YouTube social media news because of bad habits ingrained in me.

It's not rational for me to remain alive because I see no objective reason to live. I have to work all day suffering all day just to exist under a threat of even more extreme pain getting me all for no purpose. I don't see how that which is called life is good or rational.

my values are avoiding my pain. Me living violates my values.

no one can tell me that there are objectively true reasons why I should continue living or why life is objectively good : nothing iss written anywhere.

Others want me and all of us to remain alive because of their fictional beliefs they say are objective facts just to keep us slaves to their agenda which also is not objectively true because morality and ideology are subjective fictional inventions

Last edited: