Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
What do you think of pro life suicide survivors? I think they never really wanted to die in the first place. But the worst thing is that some of these suicide survivors now work in suicide prevention. They often get to the conclusion that anyone who wants to die is not right in the head, because they were not right in the head, and never really wanted to die. You will find many of these people in pro life depression forums. Many of them shame you even for not being happy to live after a failed suicide attempt. And if they can be successful in life, so can you.

Reactions: littlelady774, 21Neberg, StillWaiting and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
What do you think of pro life suicide survivors? I think they never really wanted to die in the first place. But the worst thing is that some of these suicide survivors now work in suicide prevention. They often get to the conclusion that anyone who wants to die is not right in the head, because they were not right in the head, and never really wanted to die. You will find many of these people in pro life depression forums. Many of them shame you even for not being happy to live after a failed suicide attempt. And if they can be successful in life, so can you.
there bad period. i respect the ones who genuinly understand someone elses suicidal state, not base others states based on what they went through.

have a neutral understanding with both pro-life and pro-choice, and genuinly show empathy and understanding, not blindless positivity that things may get better.

Reactions: rogeriocansadinho, 21Neberg, StillWaiting and 1 other person
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
there bad period. i respect the ones who genuinly understand someone elses suicidal state, not base others states based on what they went through.

have a neutral understanding with both pro-life and pro-choice, and genuinly show empathy and understanding, not blindless positivity that things may get better.

I guess they didnt really have problems in life, besides their mentall illness, and attempted suicide only out of impulsivity, like because of psychosis, or similar illnesses. It happens. And yes these people are usually glad to have failed.
These people dont plan their suicide either. So obvously they mostly fail.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dreamcolleger, 21Neberg, HGL91 and 2 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I guess they didnt really have problems in life, besides their mentall illness, and attempted suicide only out of impulsivity, like because of psychosis, or similar illnesses. It happens. And yes these people are usually glad to have failed.
i dont think they understand how shitty it is though. like being blindlessly positive isnt the best thing to do, and many people like this struggle to see that? I know its the norm in society, to be positive to someone whos just gone through alot. but no one really wants this blindless positivity, "things are gonna get better!" type shit. maybe its just me but id rather have some genuinly want to understand me, empathize, than show me false hope.

Reactions: rogeriocansadinho and HGL91
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
i dont think they understand how shitty it is though. like being blindlessly positive isnt the best thing to do, and many people like this struggle to see that? I know its the norm in society, to be positive to someone whos just gone through alot. but no one really wants this blindless positivity, "things are gonna get better!" type shit. maybe its just me but id rather have some genuinly want to understand me, empathize, than show me false hope.

As i said, they mostly didnt have that big problems, like physical illnesses. They often dont have a disability either. And generally are able do hold down a job, andn not just one job, no a good well paying job. For example im autistic, and i do have chronical pain, sometimes very bad chronical pain. And i never had a job, and failed in school several times. Positivity does not work anymore. How often did i hear that it gets better? Well did it get better? No it actually got worse.

• Aww..
Reactions: HGL91, Fr2 and pole
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
As i said, they mostly didnt have that big problems, like physical illnesses. They often dont have a disability either. And generally are able do hold down a job, andn not just one job, no a good well paying job. For example im autistic, and i do have chronical pain, sometimes very bad chronical pain. And i never had a job, and failed in school several times. Positivity does not work anymore. How often did i hear that it gets better? Well did it get better? No it actually got worse.
sorry to hear. imo it works in certain situations. some all people need is some sort of positivity as a sign of hope to hang on. some dont.

its all just terrible. some dont need it, some do, some dont genuinly mean what they mean, some dont even care, some do. i just push people away instead of worrying about all of that.

Reactions: Fr2
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
sorry to hear. imo it works in certain situations. some all people need is some sort of positivity as a sign of hope to hang on. some dont.

its all just terrible. some dont need it, some do, some dont genuinly mean what they mean, some dont even care, some do. i just push people away instead of worrying about all of that.

Forced positivity is the worst. It actually makes me more depressed, because i know its all deception.

• Hugs
Reactions: 21Neberg, HGL91 and pole
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Forced positivity is the worst. It actually makes me more depressed, because i know its all deception.
It feels fake, not genuine, its false hope period. makes me feel like the person really doesnt give 5 shits about me.

Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I think they're even worse than normal pro lifers and are extremely despicable people. They were never serious about dying and I'm sure most of them did it for attention or didn't really think about it, and because of them we are all seen as either mentally ill, impulsive or attention seekers. This must have caused the progress of the "right to die" cause to be slowed down significantly. I hate them.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I think they're even worse than normal pro lifers and are extremely despicable people. They were never serious about dying and I'm sure most of them did it for attention or didn't really think about it, and because of them we are all seen as either mentally ill, impulsive or attention seekers. This must have caused the progress of the "right to die" cause to be slowed down significantly. I hate them.

People who are completely against the right to die, are often very healthy people. So not very surprising. They may be older, but are often still very healthy.

Reactions: 21Neberg and Oblivion Lover
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I have different feelings about people who attempted, failed and then switched tables.

I understand if one after such experience, due to his own relief, begins to encourage others to believe in better. While it's not helping, I totally can relate to the drunkenness of being freed. It's quite engulfing and it takes a significant effort to keep it down, to remain in touch with the black of others. This kind of switching tables is as guilty as a child's innocence in my eyes.

Those who after the failed attempt + life improvement forget the reality of pain and become (return to be) judgemental, they're abusive. Being dismissive is abusive. While I understand that a person becomes like that due to their own traumas, I think they should not have a place in suicide prevention lines. Nobody dismissive should be given such a position.

As for projecting their own experience on others ("I was dumb, so you're being dumb too"), that's everywhere. I maybe encountered 5-10 people in my life which were not guilty of this. Other than that, it's a disaster. I'm being like that very many times as well and it scares me. It's a shitty thing to do to others, and it's shitty to feel mentally limited like that too.

Or people assume that when youre young, you have no problems.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Or that if you're physically healthy, you're being naive and spoiled. Etc, etc.

Yes especially healthy. This may be true for the average 20 year old, but not for everyone.