• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

HangInThere

HangInThere

Just hanging around
Apr 27, 2018
How are you guys getting ready for your suicide?

Perhaps you're writing notes, getting rid of possessions or handling paperwork in advance.

Share it all this thread and maybe someone else will take inspiration from your post.

Reactions: Cyanide
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
Have to scope out my location to make sure its a good spot so i dont get found too early after taking my N. Not writing a note yet, family might find it. Still waiting for trees to get full of leaves so i have some cover (spring is slow this year). Other than that i'm set.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Cyanide and HangInThere
I

Iota

Apr 18, 2018
I've had a change of plans with mine. I don't think iI'l risk going to a state park. There's a thicket nearby that I think I can use for cover that's within walking distance. I'll walk out at night, and leave the car behind. Barring randomly being questioned by a passing police cruiser, there's no way they'll suspect anything before morning comes.

Reactions: Cyanide and HangInThere
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I've had a change of plans with mine. I don't think iI'l risk going to a state park. There's a thicket nearby that I think I can use for cover that's within walking distance. I'll walk out at night, and leave the car behind. Barring randomly being questioned by a passing police cruiser, there's no way they'll suspect anything before morning comes.
Hmm, you got me thinking about the timing now. Wondering whether i should do it early in the morning right after people go to work or at night when its gets alittle dark. Only issue with night is that i have to see where im going. The area i picked has alot of bushes, trees, etc. Could just go to location early and wait until nightfall i guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyanide and HangInThere
I

Iota

Apr 18, 2018
Hmm, you got me thinking about the timing now. Wondering whether i should do it early in the morning right after people go to work or at night when its gets alittle dark.

I would always prefer the night hours. Not everyone goes to work in the morning. And the darkness of night helps hide one's movements.

Reactions: Cyanide, Malice1 and HangInThere
FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Most of my prep woes concern money. I am also thinking about the logistics on the actual day.

1. Pay off debts. My parents cosigned for my car, so that has to get paid off.
2. Pay back $ owed to my parents. They aren't asking for it back, but I don't care; I know they need it.
3. Buy a handgun. Still need to research which caliber and other details.
4. Write my will. Idk what it's going to say yet. I may ask for any money I have accumulated to go toward some expenses first over others.
5. Sell all of my possessions aside from the clothes on my back, my phone, and the gun.
6. Time the above with final day of apartment lease (when I finally get one).
7. Buy a bus ticket to Bum Fuck Egypt.
8. Hand write The Suicide Note(s) to End All Suicide Notes. There's an ASH page in the sticky resources thread that has pointers I'm going to read. I wrote up one for my family a note a month or two ago, but it needs polishing. One for my friend is underway.
9. Walk out into the wilderness in Bum Fuck Egypt and shoot myself in the head.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Cyanide
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Hmm, you got me thinking about the timing now. Wondering whether i should do it early in the morning right after people go to work or at night when its gets alittle dark. Only issue with night is that i have to see where im going. The area i picked has alot of bushes, trees, etc. Could just go to location early and wait until nightfall i guess.

Hey, since you're planning on doing it outside, make sure you dress extra-warm. Maybe even bring a blanket. If it gets cold, your reduced body temperature will slow down the death process.

Reactions: Cyanide and FullFat
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
Hey, since you're planning on doing it outside, make sure you dress extra-warm. Maybe even bring a blanket. If it gets cold, your reduced body temperature will slow down the death process.
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of that.

Reactions: Cyanide
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
My preparations are pretty extensive. I would have already been gone if not for them. It's gotten to the point where I have set aside a little filing cabinet for them.

"When" turns out to be a strong consideration. I would rather not ruin anyone's holidays or birthdays by doing anything proximate to their favored dates.

I am working on ways to get rid of my possessions (unfortunately extensive) without alarming anyone. Warren Zevon wrote that "we love to buy books because we believe we're buying the time to read them." I think many of my purchases fall into the category of things I would have like to have had on hand for the life I had once hoped to lead; later, the rest were primarily distractions as an escape from my situation. I should say that, aside from books as gifts, I stopped buying them about four years ago.

The paperwork is proving to be more challenging than I had thought. Hardly any websites have postal addresses for sending death certificates and account cancellations, for example. Amazon, I am looking at you! There are special tax forms for people who have recently died, for example. Perhaps pathetically, my "list of people who must be notified" is rather short. At least there is that.

Methods research is a big part of this, I need to get things right. I want ... well, something right for me.

I might pen some letters to different people, although I have no idea how they will be delivered. Too bad there isn't a delayed postal mail service (I despise email).

An actual note is probably not in it for me. Not to sound high-handed, but I'm not particularly interested in explaining myself or providing justifications. Anyone who knows me to a reasonable degree ought not to be shocked by events. Anyone who does finds the event startling or unexpected most likely did not know me.

As I get closer, I will probably use one of those "end of life" checklists so I can dot all of my Is and cross all of my Ts. Overall, I am looking for this to be tidy in a way I can hardly describe.

I almost think we ought to have a "logistics" subforum, wherein we can discuss things like wills, paperwork, and the sort of necessities that come before the actual method and attempt.

Reactions: FullFat and Cyanide
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I have been writing an auto-biography. I am quite the strange individual and I think perhaps some would like to read about what went through my head when I existed. If anything it might at least be an amusing, or even funny read. I didn't realize it until a few days back, but it has been over a year since I started yet. Well, that is fine, I knew I wouldn't be dying anytime soon because of my dog. Dachshunds have relatively long lifespans and she is quite healthy if a bit overweight.

That aside, there is not much to prepare. I have funds saved in my bank account to pay for one weekend in a hotel room. All I need is to buy a rope; I don't mind the pain, so hanging is my go-to method. That said, I didn't want to die in this country, but I know if I travel somewhere else to die, I will only be a burden to my family. They will likely have to pay to transport my body back here.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, alice-jane, El Topo and 1 other person
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
My preparations are pretty extensive. I would have already been gone if not for them. It's gotten to the point where I have set aside a little filing cabinet for them.

"When" turns out to be a strong consideration. I would rather not ruin anyone's holidays or birthdays by doing anything proximate to their favored dates.

I am working on ways to get rid of my possessions (unfortunately extensive) without alarming anyone. Warren Zevon wrote that "we love to buy books because we believe we're buying the time to read them." I think many of my purchases fall into the category of things I would have like to have had on hand for the life I had once hoped to lead; later, the rest were primarily distractions as an escape from my situation. I should say that, aside from books as gifts, I stopped buying them about four years ago.

The paperwork is proving to be more challenging than I had thought. Hardly any websites have postal addresses for sending death certificates and account cancellations, for example. Amazon, I am looking at you! There are special tax forms for people who have recently died, for example. Perhaps pathetically, my "list of people who must be notified" is rather short. At least there is that.

Methods research is a big part of this, I need to get things right. I want ... well, something right for me.

I might pen some letters to different people, although I have no idea how they will be delivered. Too bad there isn't a delayed postal mail service (I despise email).

An actual note is probably not in it for me. Not to sound high-handed, but I'm not particularly interested in explaining myself or providing justifications. Anyone who knows me to a reasonable degree ought not to be shocked by events. Anyone who does finds the event startling or unexpected most likely did not know me.

As I get closer, I will probably use one of those "end of life" checklists so I can dot all of my Is and cross all of my Ts. Overall, I am looking for this to be tidy in a way I can hardly describe.

I almost think we ought to have a "logistics" subforum, wherein we can discuss things like wills, paperwork, and the sort of necessities that come before the actual method and attempt.

Hi Sadak,

Like yourself, I wish there was a delayed postal mail service, but I haven't been able to find anything. (Besides giving the letters to someone you trust enough to hold onto and send on a certain date).

I know you said you despise email, but there's an email app called Boomerang that allows you to send delayed emails. It might be the best option.

spectraltease

spectraltease

When everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
How are you guys getting ready for your suicide?

Perhaps you're writing notes, getting rid of possessions or handling paperwork in advance.

Share it all this thread and maybe someone else will take inspiration from your post.
Scoping out the tracks, when trains comming and going, how fast they, how much they weight and which models are used.
Make your plan deadly as you can.

Destroying my journeys and the things ppl shouldnt get their hands on. have to think about goodbye letters,videos or online posts etc.