divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
If suicide pods were available to all I wonder what percentage of the population would use them?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, pthnrdnojvsc and Finalnight
alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
Impossible to tell, but I believe suicide rates would go up a bit.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Abditory, Peerless_Cucumber and 2 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Probably like 20 percent

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I doubt they would change at all.

When someone is ready to go, we will find a way.

People assume access to pods or something will make everyone want to CTB, I think this is extremely unlikely. No matter the method, the main issue is the SI.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and divinemistress36
logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
probably a decent percentage, 10 - 20% maybe, but i think 20% is kindof pushing it. Even then I think there will be people that have a satisfaction of knowing they have a somewhat easy way out now and can rest easy, using it as like a backup just in case their life does get worse and they aren't fully set on ctb yet

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Slightly off topic but I'm surprised Suicide Pods or Voluntary Euthanasia hasn't been commercialized heavily already given that almost everything else in existence is from food to alcohol and tobacco etc. The biggest corporations make money on everything, certainly they can make money on people seeking an early death.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Peerless_Cucumber and divinemistress36
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Am sure it will increase but I doubt there will be a significant change in percentage. People here have mentioned wanting to die less once they had their SN at hand. Having such a reliable method at hand would have similar effect I suppose.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Depends how long it took etc
Might be something for the future.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Slightly off topic but I'm surprised Suicide Pods or Voluntary Euthanasia hasn't been commercialized heavily already given that almost everything else in existence is from food to alcohol and tobacco etc. The biggest corporations make money on everything, certainly they can make money on people seeking an early death.
It's because it's a crime . They made everything a crime , everything that could help a person suffering escape this hell through suicide.

They made nembutal, fentanyl, cyanide capsules , assisted suicide, suicide kits into crimes criminal illegal

They put dr Kevorkian into prison . They arrested Kenneth law for selling SN . More examples

• Aww..
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I bet most would, at least those with awareness of how existence truly is undesirable, I see suicide as very rational to escape from and prevent all future unnecessary suffering. Having the option of a guaranteed way to die in peace would be such a relief, I find it horrifying how a peaceful suicide is purposely made so inaccessible. I bet so many would choose to die in such a way especially as there would be no risk of trying to die going wrong and just leading to way worse torment.
Having access to a suicide pod would be so ideal, it'd prevent so much pain and suffering in an existence that was very futile in the first place, allowing people that option would be so incredibly compassionate.

• Love