The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Suicide isn't sinful.
Suicide wasn't viewed as a secular crime, and therefore viewed as sinful until the 6th century A.D. by the Christian church.

In other words it is viewed as sinful by the religious hierarchy, and not by God.
Suicide as a sin is a man-made concept.
Also, it is never mentioned in the Bible that suicide is a sin.
I don't believe in any religion, or the bearded asshole in the sky anyway.

• Love
Reactions: crimsonpool, Source Energy, GasMonkey and 3 others
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
Suicide isn't sinful.
Suicide wasn't viewed as a secular crime, and therefore viewed as sinful until the 6th century A.D.
by the Christian church.
In other words it is viewed as sinful by the religious hierarchy, and not by God.

then why bothering post this ? It's heavily religious lol

Reactions: bittersea
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Because some people are too worried to CTB because they actually think that they will go to hell.
Therefore it may help them.
And how is the post heavily religious ?
It is just a statement of fact.
Or can you not understand this ?
It's not difficult.

Reactions: Source Energy, looking_for_peace and Lost in a Dream
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
Because some people are too worried to CTB because they actually think that they will go to hell.
Therefore it may help them.
And how is the post heavily religious ?
It is just a statement of fact.
It's not a statement of fact.
It's a statement of belief.
Religion. Belief. Yah some people believe this.
And you can choose whatever want to.

Which is fine...
Heaven ... hell.... big guy.in the sky ...nothing....a dolphin and a emu who knows.....
Or can you not understand this ?
It's not difficult.
You mentioned many "facts" by the "church" by the "bible"
And can be classified as a "secular" crime.
Depending on ones personal beliefs.

Last edited:
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
It's not a statement of fact.
It's a statement of belief.
Religions...man... etc.
And you can choose whatever want to.

Which is fine...
Heaven ... hell.... big guy.in the sky ...nothing....a dolphin and a emu who knows.....

You mentioned many "facts" by the "church" by the "bible"

And can be classified as a "secular" crime.

Depending on ones personal beliefs.
All you did was say things
in relation to religion how is it not heavy in the concept.
I get what you're going for here ...

Hey its not a sin to ctb... this is why...

But there is a contradiction when you say it's a sin viewed by religion but not by God?

so you're not religious but you belive in God?
A

Are you on drugs, or just plain dumb ?
Sorry that your step dad hurt you...

jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
ok? you're preaching to the choir

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
That's what I noticed when it came to the Bible - it never condemns the act of suicide as far as I know. Only the evil acts a person may have committed prior to the suicide seem to matter, which would explain why the church took it upon itself to turn suicide into a sin. It gives them more authority over others because they can weaponize the fear of death/suicide that comes naturally to most people.

I still remember my teenage years, when I was a religious, hypocritical, and self-righteous asshole. I used to say things like, "Everyone who commits suicide will go to hell!" and I cringe whenever I remember my stupidity. I'm glad I'm not that same guy. That version of me died a long time ago lol.

Does it really matter why someone else would bother to post something? We all have opinions and experiences to share here, so they're free to post whatever they please, as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the site.

I interpreted @The anhedonic one's post as an attempt to alleviate the fears of religious members. So many of them are afraid of going to hell for suicide, so it makes sense to want to set their minds at ease. If it doesn't, then at least they will be more likely to investigate the matter themselves and find their own answers.

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
All you did was say things
in relation to religion how is it not heavy in the concept.
I get what you're going for here ...

Hey its not a sin to ctb... this is why...

But there is a contradiction when you say it's a sin viewed by religion but not by God?

so you're not religious but you belive in God?

Sorry that your step dad hurt you...

That's what I noticed when it came to the Bible - it never condemns the act of suicide as far as I know. Only the evil acts a person may have committed prior to the suicide seem to matter, which would explain why the church took it upon itself to turn suicide into a sin. It gives them more authority over others because they can weaponize the fear of death/suicide that comes naturally to most people.

I still remember my teenage years, when I was a religious, hypocritical, and self-righteous asshole. I used to say things like, "Everyone who commits suicide will go to hell!" and I cringe whenever I remember my stupidity. I'm glad I'm not that same guy. That version of me died a long time ago lol.

Does it really matter why someone else would bother to post something? We all have opinions and experiences to share here, so they're free to post whatever they please, as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the site.

I interpreted @The anhedonic one's post as an attempt to alleviate the fears of religious members. So many of them are afraid of going to hell for suicide, so it makes sense to want to set their minds at ease. If it doesn't, then at least they will be more likely to investigate the matter themselves and find their own answers.
Thank you for this.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
And this is all based on your personal
and/or religious beliefs. Which is fine.
But for the op to say this is not religious then talk about God. Makes zero sense.
Either way I don't give a fuck hail satan baby and spirit di santi lol
Makes sense... some praise it...some don't.
No matter what it boils down to your personal beliefs.
When it contradicts its it self ? Yah it matters.
Everyone is free to post whatever they want but also should be open to questions and criticism.
As long as it's not in a " non open minded way"
And anti pro choice concept...
I interpreted @The anhedonic one's post as an attempt to alleviate the fears of religious members.
Yah I agree... but it seems like a.confused try.
So many of them are afraid of going to hell for suicide, so it makes sense to want to set their minds at ease. If it doesn't, then at least they will be more likely to investigate the matter themselves and find their own answers.
yes I agree God is supposed to be great yet he is vengeful. ?
And getting them to think for themselves is a great idea...
Wait I thought the op wasn't religious.

Next time say fuck God and your fake PDF file church shit never mind all the random facts that don't mean a thing to religious people... they don't care. You say you're not religious but you know the Bible says ctb is not a sin ? So it's just certain beliefs?

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
And this is all based on your personal
and/or religious beliefs. Which is fine.
But for the op to say this is not religious then talk about God. Makes zero sense.
Either way I don't give a fuck hail satan baby and spirit di santi lol
How does it make zero sense? "God" is a character in the Bible (although his actual name is Yahweh or El Elyon, depending on who you ask) and "God" is the name that most Christians call him by. Simply referring to that god character the way they do helps to communicate with them when trying to share new ideas.

You can hail whoever you want lmao. Personally, I thought the Biblical god and the Satan character were both dicks. Just look at what those bastards did to poor Job! I say fuck em both! :pfff:

Makes sense... some praise it...some don't.
No matter what it boils down to your personal beliefs.
Does it make sense though? My belief that suicidal people went to hell for ending their life wasn't based on anything I read in the Bible, just what some religious people claimed it said. I simply agreed with them and went along with it because it sounded right.

When it contradicts its it self ? Yah it matters.
Everyone is free to post whatever they want but also should be open to questions and criticism.
As long as it's not in a " non open minded way"
And anti pro choice concept...

It didn't seem all that contradictory of a post to me. Maybe it would be a good idea to double check the post again to make sure that your questions and criticisms are valid. Sometimes when I read a post, I have to read certain parts of it more than once to make sure I understood correctly.

I think anti-choice posts would receive less backlash if they were posted by people who genuinely want to understand us and are open to the possibility of being wrong. Most anti-choice posts come off as preachy or openly hostile, and that's usually the reason why members of this site have a problem with them.

yes I agree God is supposed to be great yet he is vengeful. ?
And getting them to think for themselves is a great idea...
Wait I thought the op wasn't religious.
I don't think the op is religious, they're simply trying to get religious forum members to consider whether their beliefs are actually Biblical, or based on something they heard. If other people are religious and afraid of going to hell for suicide, you can still set their mind at ease without being religious yourself. All you have to do is understand what they believe and why, and see if it matches up with what's in their religious books.

Next time say fuck God and your fake PDF file church shit never mind all the random facts that don't mean a thing to religious people... they don't care. You say you're not religious but you know the Bible says ctb is not a sin ? So it's just certain beliefs?
I guess I'm not certain that the Bible doesn't condemn suicide anywhere, I just remember instances where important characters in the Bible committed suicide but were only condemned for the things they did before committing to it.

I believe one of them was a former king of Israel who impaled himself with his own sword (Saul maybe?), and the other one I know of was Judas Iscariot. I don't think the act of suicide was the problem, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. I was religious in the past, so I'm just going by what I remember from back then.

You can't get a religious person to change their mind about something they believe by getting up in their faces and saying things like:
Next time say fuck God and your fake PDF file church shit
I've tried using that approach before, and it just made me look like a dipshit. The anhedonic one is going about this the right way IMO.

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
How does it make zero sense? "God" is a character in the Bible (although his actual name is Yahweh or El Elyon, depending on who you ask) and "God" is the name that most Christians call him by. Simply referring to that god character the way they do helps to communicate with them when trying to share new ideas.

You can hail whoever you want lmao. Personally, I thought the Biblical god and the Satan character were both dicks. Just look at what those bastards did to poor Job! I say fuck em both! :pfff:

Does it make sense though? My belief that suicidal people went to hell for ending their life wasn't based on anything I read in the Bible, just what some religious people claimed it said. I simply agreed with them and went along with it because it sounded right.

It didn't seem all that contradictory of a post to me. Maybe it would be a good idea to double check the post again to make sure that your questions and criticisms are valid. Sometimes when I read a post, I have to read certain parts of it more than once to make sure I understood correctly.

I think anti-choice posts would receive less backlash if they were posted by people who genuinely want to understand us and are open to the possibility of being wrong. Most anti-choice posts come off as preachy or openly hostile, and that's usually the reason why members of this site have a problem with them.

I don't think the op is religious, they're simply trying to get religious forum members to consider whether their beliefs are actually Biblical, or based on something they heard. If other people are religious and afraid of going to hell for suicide, you can still set their mind at ease without being religious yourself. All you have to do is understand what they believe and why, and see if it matches up with what's in their religious books.

I guess I'm not certain that the Bible doesn't condemn suicide anywhere, I just remember instances where important characters in the Bible committed suicide but were only condemned for the things they did before committing to it.

I believe one of them was a former king of Israel who impaled himself with his own sword (Saul maybe?), and the other one I know of was Judas Iscariot. I don't think the act of suicide was the problem, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. I was religious in the past, so I'm just going by what I remember from back then.

You can't get a religious person to change their mind about something they believe by getting up in their faces and saying things like:

I've tried using that approach before, and it just made me look like a dipshit. The anhedonic one is going about this the right way IMO.
My last sentence of the post states quite clearly that I am not religious, or believe in God.
I've put this individual on ignore, and have finished with this troll.
But thanks for everything lost in a dream.
At least someone has more than 2 brain cells.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
šŸ¤”
Suicide isn't sinful.
Suicide wasn't viewed as a secular crime, and therefore viewed as sinful until the 6th century A.D. by the Christian church.

You day you don't belive it yet you bring up the topic and let someone else explain it for you
UK mind set bruv

No way am I reading all this in relation to ctb and GOD man's saying it not religious yet it sparked a 5 page report on God lol
Please mods just remove me from this thread dudes literally having contradiction in the first OP the second poster makes a few logical statements but it's still all religious related please just remove me from this lol belive whatever you want ... no worries....
Please mods just remove me from this thread dudes literally having contradiction in the first OP the second poster makes a few logical statements but it's still all religious related please just remove me from this lol belive whatever you want ... no worries....

Last edited:
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Maybe the mods should remove you from this forum, since you seem incapable of understanding what the original poster was saying or their intentions. Whether you're deliberately misrepresenting what they're saying or your reading comprehension needs some work doesn't matter. At this point, you're just being a douchebag for no reason.

No way am I reading all this in relation to ctb
Aww, and I put so much work into reading your post and giving intelligent replies to each of your points. Oh well, I'm bored with this discussion now anyway.

My last sentence of the post states quite clearly that I am not religious, or believe in God.
I've put this individual on ignore, and have finished with this troll.
But thanks for everything lost in a dream.
At least someone has more than 2 brain cells.

Good idea to put them on ignore. You're just lucky I have 3 brain cells!

• Love