• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
It does not matter, because regardless one will die for sure. Deciding against suicide is only procrastinating your death. You could do a horrible way and suffer a lot before you are dead in some cases (for example having a chronical disease).

It's irrational thinking that one will live forever. That thinking is from the natural disposition (like needing to have frequently) that wants your genes to multiple and spread is much as possible. Which will only happen when you live as long as possible.

I hate that society sees death as something very tragedic that should not happen. Yeah, like it's not part of nature. It's something evil.
Human egos and narcissm are what's really evil. Like only human should live and deserve eternal life or paradise. That's not the case for animals or plants. Or other creature (insects, bacteria, etc.)

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, ijustwishtodie and Praestat_Mori
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm not future sure about your title. Whilst it is true that suicide is merely just bringing the inevitable closer, I still do believe that there are rational ways for wanting to be dead earlier. For example, if somebody who is in a poor family doesn't want to wage slave and can't afford to be a neet, suicide would be a rational thing for them to do as it's only by suicide through which they can avoid having to work. Or, another example, I want to minimise the amount of suffering I experience on this planet and, rationally, the only way to do so is by killing myself as early as possible. The earlier I'm dead, the less I have to suffer for

Reactions: sserafim
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
For me it's a choice like any other, it's not true that it's always an impulsive act for example.

Regarding wanting to live forever, it is actually an ambitious idea, with the advancement of technology perhaps it will be possible to extend human life but I don't think we can become immortal, in any case it is part of human nature.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I suppose it can't be utterly rational because we don't know all the answers. Like any life changing decision we make for ourselves in life, it's based on our best guess. We can be sure that we don't enjoy our present moment or some of our past moments. The future is sort of guesswork but people who suicide likely have a fairly certain idea it's going to be bad! We also know deep down how we feel about life. Is it even something that feels valuable and worth prolonging?

Really though- I would argue that the process of contemplating it carefully is rationalising- surely? Why do I hate my life so much? Is there anything I can do to change it significantly enough? What are all of my options? Both regarding living and dying. Then, we come to our own conclusions. That's a rational thought process I'd say.

People may say it's irrational because they could see a way for that person to solve their problems. That's based on their own pro-life viewpoint though. That person may well have considered that option and, for whatever reason- rejected it.

I think it's impossible to really put a rational or irrational label on a choice which is largely subjective. Whether we like or despise something is subjective. It isn't rational or irrational to either like or dislike porridge. It's personal taste. If you're allergic to it though- it makes more sense to hate it.

Where pro-lifers may rebuke this would be with regards to mental illness. That person simply isn't thinking clearly so- they're not even capable of making a rational decision. I wonder if the link they seem always to make between ideation and mental illness is our biggest hurdle. It basically strips us of any autonomy because- supposedly, we aren't mentally sound enough to make decisions.