Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Life for some is incredible, and for others an indescribable torment. Why should the suicidal person be punished by God, by society for wanting to die? Isn't the pain he felt enough? Why doesn't anyone feel empathy for your suffering? Those who insist on living when life seems bad are heroes -- or cowards to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002, situationalsui, Forever Sleep and 8 others
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
In my opinion, a lot of the religious beliefs like suicide being atrocious and punishable, are really man-made beliefs attributed to God, in order to control society into something constructive.
Hence why no killing, stealing, lying, only sex within marriage - this would avoid barbaric disasters to an extent.

Now if there was an all loving all powerful god or gods, I think it's only logical that of course he/she/they would help their creations, rather than stand by and wait until asked.
What parent would let their child suffer until the child asked for help?

Why do no one feel empathy for your suffering?
Well, we do in here.
Thing is, your average normie simply does not have capacity to understand or relate to something as grave as what we have gone through.
It's like expecting a person on the streets to do a brain surgery to remove a cancer tumor.
They are not necessarily malicious, just incapable.

I don't know if this helps you feel better, it's just my opinions.

Reactions: vampire2002, N33dT0D13, sserafim and 5 others
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
In my opinion, a lot of the religious beliefs like suicide being atrocious and punishable, are really man-made beliefs attributed to God, in order to control society into something constructive.
Hence why no killing, stealing, lying, only sex within marriage - this would avoid barbaric disasters to an extent.

Now if there was an all loving all powerful god or gods, I think it's only logical that of course he/she/they would help their creations, rather than stand by and wait until asked.
What parent would let their child suffer until the child asked for help?

Why do no one feel empathy for your suffering?
Well, we do in here.
Thing is, your average normie simply does not have capacity to understand or relate to something as grave as what we have gone through.
It's like expecting a person on the streets to do a brain surgery to remove a cancer tumor.
They are not necessarily malicious, just incapable.

I don't know if this helps you feel better, it's just my opinions.
Excellent answer. Yes indeed, they are incapable because they are in a totally different psychological sphere.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, davidtorez, heavyeyes and 2 others
Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
The average person will never allow himself to understand our pain, they will never dare to attempt to feel it, they will push us away and make us into "failed existences", because the implication that a human born in the same society as them can end up like we do is subconsciously extremely terrifying to them. The truth that you can do everything right and still fail and fail until the desperation wins.

Reactions: Labyrinth, sserafim, davidtorez and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If there's a god who created all this that must be a sadistic god - not helping the people who cry for help and see no other option but to kill themselves. There's no god - religions are indoctrinated believes to make people fearful and obey the rulers.

Regular and avg people cannot understand suffering that makes one suicidal bc it takes so much to even get a passive thought about suicide as an option.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Imagined_Euphoria, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
When people commit suicide, it's just natural selection at work.

It is common across living beings that the fit survive. When someone commits suicide they were obviously not fit enough (mentally or physically) for survival.

• Love
Reactions: asd, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024

It is common across living beings that the fit survive. When someone commits suicide they were obviously not fit enough (mentally or physically) for survival.
Being fit is being blissfully ignorant of the horror of existence.

Reactions: destinationlosangel, N33dT0D13, AmberWasTheLastTry and 5 others
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Experienced
Aug 6, 2024
It is just a choice. Which has been marred mainly by religion throughout the centuries I think. Also, misery loves company, so people are more reluctant to let others go.

T

ThisGameIsOverrated

I need RCs
May 6, 2024
I think it's logical but it's quite literally the most unnatural thing possible to go against your survival instinct so much that you take your own life

S

sometimesoon

Student
Jul 9, 2024
There is some truth to that. Those who cannot find a life in RL, remove themselves from the world.

At least I see that for myself.

Reactions: Darkover