charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
suicides depicted in paintings and writings make me more comfortable in my own decision to CTB; i imagine i'm not the only one with that sentiment. do they glamorise suicide? maybe! i find them immensely calming though. we have a meme thread, we should have an art thread too.

the most appropriate first choice:

John Everett Millais   Ophelia   Google Art Project

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape, ninthhokage, Brick In The Wall and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
suicides depicted in paintings and writings make me more comfortable in my own decision to CTB; i imagine i'm not the only one with that sentiment. do they glamorise suicide? maybe! i find them immensely calming though. we have a meme thread, we should have an art thread too.

the most appropriate first choice:

View attachment 20244

I've seen that painting before! You inspired me to look up a few in google and I ran across these two that sort of stuck out to me.

This one seems to symbolize a broken heart maybe? As the bullet wound looks to be in the area of the heart.

Douard Manet   Le Suicid ca 1877

This one looks almost like doves of peace coming from the act. Or perhaps butterflies.

Guns1

I love most art forms in general. Hopefully someone else will have some contributions as well.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts, Final Escape and ninthhokage
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I love this art it's inspiring thanks guys :) I been wanting to start drawing again or trying to paint. I think it would help pass time and if it turned out really interesting I might get sense of accomplishment.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts