• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

why am i alive?

why am i alive?

Look where i ended
Oct 18, 2023
Do you have any opionions that are hot-takes on this site?

Mine would be that I believe that you should try therapie for a minimum of 3 years before killing yourself.
Whats yours?

Reactions: RamenNoodles, jar-baby, fleetingnight and 2 others
D

DisfiguredPsycho

May 21, 2024
Most people want to/commit suicide for really stupid reasons.

• Informative
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, RamenNoodles, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Just that I believe that suicide is an entirely personal matter, individual in nature, and if a person is mature and of majority age, there's no one else in this world who, being unable to walk in another's "shoes", has the right to invalidate another's reasons, or to inject their own morality or religious beliefs onto another, as the only person who has the right to decide what is best for him/her is the individual whose life, or death, as the case may be, is at stake.

Reactions: DeathSleep, Kalista, violetday and 11 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I believe everyone has the right to do what they want with their own lives so long as they're not hurting anyone else
and since procreation is always a act of harm there should be no procreation

Reactions: thebelljarrr, UmbraDweller, F@#$ and 6 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Because no one is immortal, people shouldn't be judged based on whether they killed themselves or died of natural causes. Planning their own death, down to the location, method, and time, brings comfort to many people.

While I am deeply saddened by the thought of suicide, I hold your decision in high regard. Given the tragic nature of all suicides, now is not the time to applaud an individual's decision; rather, it is an occasion to confront the magnitude of injustice and suffering that exists in the world.

Reactions: SchizoGymnast and why am i alive?
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Recognize that some people are stuck in limbo where choosing to either live or die is hard and they eventually become trapped. Sometimes a persons circumstances can make it nearly impossible to kill themselves. Also people may go at any time. Unless you're circumstances force you, there's no deadline for suicide.

You'll hear some people say or ask, "Why haven't you killed yourself yet?" And I'd say because suicide is not a race. The journey of suicide is just as different and unique as everyone else's experiences and circumstances are. For some people their journey is short and for others it's long.

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope, SchizoGymnast, Kawaii_Shoujo215 and 4 others
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
This is kinda a jokey one but also it would genuinely benefit humanity if the suicide booths from Futurama were actually a thing around every street corner.

• Love
Reactions: why am i alive?, UnbelievableJelly, denjiwillsaveme and 10 others
katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
I'm so relieved to see this because anytime I've mentioned this kind of topic, or the people who are obviously just looking for attention on this forum or on other sites, I get attacked. I've seen this so many times online, I remember following someone who made an impossible suicide attempt because she wasn't getting enough attention for all her posts talking about anorexia, self harm, and posting thirst traps. At the time, i knew she wouldn't be doing these things if her mom wasn't giving her attention for every cut on her arm, or if social media didn't exist.
I can't imagine why someone who has a good life and is pretty would commit suicide, so i ignored her posts where she said something about being "suicidal" because I knew she wouldn't do it... then after a month goes by she already had another attention seeking post about being in the hospital and "recovering". She even had recovery in her bio before all of that drama. She got a boyfriend and was talking about having sex with him. Many such cases where ppl don't truly want to commit suicide they just pop too many melatonin gummies or something else because they want attention. There's no way she thought that attempt would kill her, otherwise she wouldn't have done it. Legit reasons to commit suicide shouldn't be lumped in with the ppl who want to commit suicide "just because". like if you have no legit reasons other then being sad sometimes, i just don't want to fucking hear it.

Reactions: SchizoGymnast and HereTomorrow
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
That committing suicide is an inherently simple thing to do right with some research in terms of the effort it takes. Not saying overcoming SI is easy, just that the act itself isn't rocket science (people have been doing it for the entirety of human civilization). I think a lot of people use the reasoning of not having access to methods or have a particular method and won't use others as a rationalization to themselves why they haven't done it yet. There are very few people in the world who don't have access to hanging themselves correctly. I don't think poorly of people struggling with this, just think they would suffer less being honest with themselves.

Reactions: GreenBanana23
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Idk how much a hot take this is, but i think that the site should do better at limiting who joins. Let's be real the "are you 18?" Doesn't stop minors from entering. Yeah privacy matters and there's no way around it but I feel it does more harm than good. I have to type the full name of sanctioned suicide just to find it online, and even then help lines TARGETED AND LABELED SPECIFICALLY FOR MINORS come up first before I actually find the website.

Reactions: TapeMachine, denjiwillsaveme, SchizoGymnast and 2 others
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Idk how much a hot take this is, but i think that the site should do better at limiting who joins. Let's be real the "are you 18?" Doesn't stop minors from entering.
I agree that minors can join really easily, but the mods react really quickly when it's confirmed that a user is a minor. Idk what else they could implement to keep minors from signing up in the first place

Reactions: Forveleth, violetday, jar-baby and 2 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I agree that minors can join really easily, but the mods react really quickly when it's confirmed that a user is a minor. Idk what else they could implement to keep minors from signing up in the first place
Absolutely. Every time someone says something suspicious about minors being allowed or what not they get shut down so fast. Love our mods for it. Not like I blame them for letting them in either, it's just a kinda shitty conundrum

Reactions: violetday and ferrie
imsotired35

imsotired35

She/her
Apr 6, 2024
I'm so relieved to see this because anytime I've mentioned this kind of topic, or the people who are obviously just looking for attention on this forum or on other sites, I get attacked. I've seen this so many times online, I remember following someone who made an impossible suicide attempt because she wasn't getting enough attention for all her posts talking about anorexia, self harm, and posting thirst traps. At the time, i knew she wouldn't be doing these things if her mom wasn't giving her attention for every cut on her arm, or if social media didn't exist.
I can't imagine why someone who has a good life and is pretty would commit suicide, so i ignored her posts where she said something about being "suicidal" because I knew she wouldn't do it... then after a month goes by she already had another attention seeking post about being in the hospital and "recovering". She even had recovery in her bio before all of that drama. She got a boyfriend and was talking about having sex with him. Many such cases where ppl don't truly want to commit suicide they just pop too many melatonin gummies or something else because they want attention. There's no way she thought that attempt would kill her, otherwise she wouldn't have done it. Legit reasons to commit suicide shouldn't be lumped in with the ppl who want to commit suicide "just because". like if you have no legit reasons other then being sad sometimes, i just don't want to fucking hear it.
I agree with this in a way. I think some people aren't serious and they want attention, and when they get attention they want *more* attention so they keep doing it. But I also believe that for someone to need attention so badly they fake suicide or fake being suicidal then there is something wrong deep down. I knew someone I thought was like that and I thought they'd always be here but then one day their attempt succeeded so I guess I will never know.

Reactions: dental
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
I still think we need to help certain people, even if they are just looking for attention. There is always a reason why they're doing that. No one wakes up thinking "I'll act like I'm suicidal to get attention", there's always something bad that leads someone to do that.

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope, imsotired35, dental and 6 others
howlercoaster

howlercoaster

May 27, 2024
I think that there is no way to prove objectively that someone is just seeking attention, judging by their supposed reasons. I agree with you in the example you mentioned, but maybe if the girl started to cut herself initially, its not simple as that.
Especially cuz i dealt with manipulative people, makes me think that her mom probably ""let"" be manipulated before in other ways, by her own reasons. Things we see as simple are easily chain-connected to more complex factors, but hey, really dumb viewing from here.

Aaaaaand you know, killing yourself is a serious thing. If this girl was my friend, at least at the first attempts i would be seriously worried if not knowing previous manipulative behavior.
I think that there is no way to prove objectively that someone is just seeking attention, judging by their supposed reasons. I agree with you in the example you mentioned, but maybe if the girl started to cut herself initially, its not simple as that.
Especially cuz i dealt with manipulative people, makes me think that her mom probably ""let"" be manipulated before in other ways, by her own reasons. Things we see as simple are easily chain-connected to more complex factors, but hey, really dumb viewing from here.

Aaaaaand you know, killing yourself is a serious thing. If this girl was my friend, at least at the first attempts i would be seriously worried if not knowing previous manipulative behavior.
Maybe the solution here is to observe long-term behavior and judge based on that to keep places like this healthy

Last edited:
Reactions: jar-baby
H

HereTomorrow

On break. Read "About" on profile.
Feb 1, 2024
Suicide should only be done if you're done with life and have properly examined the future is hopeless. If there is one thing that keeps you going, even something stupid like a new movie or videogame, it's worth sticking around for another day to re-examine the future.

While death can relieve our suffering, it'll equally eliminate our pleasures.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: denjiwillsaveme, SchizoGymnast, Forveleth and 6 others
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
My "unpopular opinion" for this site is that there's nothing inherently wrong with impulsive suicide and in some ways it's even preferable to a well-planned suicide. I say this as someone who could be described as a relentless schemer.

Reactions: TapeMachine, SchizoGymnast, Kalista and 3 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Suicide is the person's choice, no one else's. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It should be about exercising someone's right to die, not just about reliving their pain.

Reactions: these_days9, Forveleth, Kalista and 2 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
First off, suicidal and self-destructive behaviours can manifest as a result of both a wanting validation and from it being a cry for help. It's very clear that this girl you are talking about is very mentally ill and may have had some past traumas that you don't know about, so you don't get to judge her. People who attempt suicide for attention need help, whether you like it or not. No one who is doing fine mentally would go out of their way to harm themself.

Secondly, what exactly would you define as "legit reasons" to ctb? Whether someone wants to ctb or not is their choice. There is no such thing as "legit reasons" for ctbing. Even something as simple as just wanting to die is enough. No one should have to justify their desire to end their life to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: denjiwillsaveme, untothedepths, dental and 5 others
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
If you think that people kill themselves for stupid reasons then it's possible you aren't seeing the whole picture. Multiple factors can contribute to suicidality and a genuine desire to kill oneself over something apparently trivial signals the presence of other, possibly deeper rooted problems. We could all probably agree that people who are doing okay aren't going to be so disposed to attempting suicide (even to seek attention).

Things we see as simple are easily chain-connected to more complex factors, but hey, really dumb viewing from here.
This, too.

• Informative
Reactions: denjiwillsaveme, NoLoveNoHope, dental and 5 others
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

Sep 15, 2023
Stop gatekeeping suicide as a last resort to take after trying everything else first or for people who have it "hard enough". Every reason is a viable one and they shouldn't be justified, measured or compared with others. Being allowed to leave only if the reasons reach some certain level of seriousness by someone elses made up moral scale is dumb. Life experience is individual, a reason which seems mild and stupid to one person is hardcore to someone else, so let the person decide by themselfs. Suicide is extremely difficult to commit, even people on this forum who want to do it 100% fight SI for ages, if someone commits for "stupid reason" it probably wasn't that stupid. Don't diminish someones pain just because you can't relate.

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope, these_days9, DeletedUser and 6 others
R

RamenNoodles

Dec 15, 2021
Do you have any opionions that are hot-takes on this site?

Mine would be that I believe that you should try therapie for a minimum of 3 years before killing yourself.
Whats yours?
Good I have a good enough incentive to die.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Sometimes I feel guilty I've been in the site too long (joined Sept). Like people might think "oh she's not serious"
By like any trip, for some people it's easier to plan or effect than others. I wish it were a short flight but my journey is more of a displeasure cruise.

• Hugs
Reactions: UmbraDweller and Alexei_Kirillov
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
anyone who becomes aware about the idea of suicide can choose that option in life for any reason, as it is their absolute and universal right that no one can truly take from you. there may be criticisms toward the reason for that choice, it's your choice nonetheless.

your life is your own no matter what the reason is to kill yourself. the comments about killing yourself for stupid reasons measures and compares your life experiences with others whom are different. it compares the severity of the pain you and another have, and if the other is suffering more, your feelings are then dismissed and invalidated because it's not painful enough next to theirs.
so then what? the only option is to suck it up and deal with life because what you're feeling is less next to another? one of the stupidest shit i've ever heard.

there's always someone who 'has it worse than you.' so that would mean none of us here have the right to kill ourselves whenever we want, for whatever reason.
if we're to really compare, then who's that one person in the entire world that's experiencing the most pain right now? we'll have to reach their level before even considering to leave this place. an overexaggeration, yet it's often compared in such a way.

Stop gatekeeping suicide as a last resort to take after trying everything else first or for people who have it "hard enough". Every reason is a viable one and they shouldn't be justified, measured or compared with others. Being allowed to leave only if the reasons reach some certain level of seriousness by someone elses made up moral scale is dumb. Life experience is individual, a reason which seems mild and stupid to one person is hardcore to someone else, so let the person decide by themselfs. Suicide is extremely difficult to commit, even people on this forum who want to do it 100% fight SI for ages, if someone commits for "stupid reason" it probably wasn't that stupid. Don't diminish someones pain just because you can't relate.
very well said.

Reactions: these_days9 and UmbraDweller
Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Every entity that is intelligent enough to suffer should be allowed to kill himself

Yes, this includes people from all ages, even a 4 year old kid who just bited his tounge accidentally and decided the pain is too great he should inhale cyanide and lose consciousness within 7 seconds and die

No matter how ridiculous someone's reason for wanting to suicide or how young they are, autonomy stands above everything else to me, people who gatekeep suicide only to people who fit their criteria for those "eligible to have the right to suicide" aren't different than pro-lifers to me

This is just my opinion

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, UmbraDweller, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
R

RURIRA

May 30, 2024
We don't have the right to choose whether we are born or not, but we should at least have the right to choose what to do in our life, yes, including suicide.
The government prevents people from committing suicide because they need people to live and work to provide them with taxes, and people oppose suicide because they are ignorant and instinctively fear death.
If you think it is better to die than to live, you can do it, just like I don't understand why people living in the Middle Ages didn't commit suicide. I think that's because religion really is a tool used by the ruling class to enslave people......

Reactions: denjiwillsaveme and these_days9
S

SchizoGymnast

May 28, 2024
Completing suicide due to delusions or hallucinations isn't as irrational as it sounds.