Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
I was just reading that many sources stated theres a genetic factor that contribute to suicidal behaviour and it can be inheritant

but then again, people dont just kill themselves without a reason right?

People who feel happy with/ living their lives wont just kill themselves? there must be something troubling them that make them wanna leave.

(Like you dont just smash your phone without a reason if youre still hapoy with it, unless its broken and you get angry and you smash them)

however seeing how genetic contribute(if its true)maybe thats why some people find it hard to ctb and some dont. Such as the impulsiveness play a role too.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
V

VapeAway

May 9, 2022
I definitely think there's a genetic factor. Some of my family members were more or less suicidal at some point in their lives - my mother, my father, my cousin, my grandmother had suicidal thoughts. My grandmother's brother killed himself. So there's a pattern. I also think environment plays a part, but then again... some people live in a very shitty environment and are not suicidal. They find a way to cope. For example, there are homeless people who don't think about suicide. As for my family, I think their negativity contributed to creating negative and toxic environment.

• Hugs
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
It depends on the individual. Some people want to die because of environmental reasons while others want to die due to genetical reasons like being predisposed to cancer or being born deaf or something

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
I think many times,even the environmental impacts and the real causes of suicide are misinterpreted as genetic. I don't mean to claim that it happens a lot , but I have seen it happening in some cases in my country. Also there is something like generational trauma,abuses, narcissistic abuse etc where the real causes are almost hidden and kept secret from society or not properly diagnosed by mental health community, especially when there is a serious dearth of trauma informed and compassionate therapists out there. The way non suicidal people have perceptions and strong uninformed beliefs about suicide, I fear there is a chance that some cases maybe wrongly attributed to genetic factors. It's just my opinion.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, demuic and Efilismislife
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Many people i know think suicide is a sin. Guess those people also consider that otherwise itd be different.

mine too im abused my whole life by my family
I definitely think there's a genetic factor. Some of my family members were more or less suicidal at some point in their lives - my mother, my father, my cousin, my grandmother had suicidal thoughts. My grandmother's brother killed himself. So there's a pattern. I also think environment plays a part, but then again... some people live in a very shitty environment and are not suicidal. They find a way to cope. For example, there are homeless people who don't think about suicide. As for my family, I think their negativity contributed to creating negative and toxic environment.
It depends on the individual. Some people want to die because of environmental reasons while others want to die due to genetical reasons like being predisposed to cancer or being born deaf or something
But i mean only people who depress/stress/sad will reach the poiny of ctb otherwise a happy person who enjoy their life wouldnt. So theres a cause more than genetic.

A

archipelago

Student
Jun 27, 2021
I used to think my depression was mostly genetic. But then toxic people were no longer in my life and it made me so much happier. For me, I definitely underestimated how strong environmental factors are.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Efilismislife